“Food was good. Service was AWEFUL!”

Dogwood Dining Room at Shawnee Inn
Cuisines: American
Basking Ridge, New Jersey, United States
“Food was good. Service was AWEFUL!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We went with another couple for lunch in the Riverview dining room after a long day in the Poconos. There were more than half empty tables in the restaurant, but they seated us in between 2 other occupied tables, just so the waitress didn't have to walk far. Even with the proximity, we had to ask our server, Sarah, 3 times for napkins(I finally had to go up and get them myself from the bar), twice for ketchup, 3 times for extra blue cheese(I finally asked one of the other servers, who brought it right away). Even when we asked her for something, we watched her clean another table instead. As rude as any server I have had in YEARS! She brought the entrees out without even clearing one appetizer dish off the table. When she was done, and the table was jam packed, she walked away without taking any of the old dishes. I took the app plates, and put them on the table next to me, which brought a mean look from the servers.

The food was good, but nothing was going to make up for the poor service from Sarah. I wouldn't go back, and I own a timeshare in the community. I blame the management for having a server like Sarah.

To my followers:

Do not let them crowd you in to make it easier for the server. Pick the table that works for your party.
The Shawnee blonde ale is excellent and worth a try.

• Visited October 2013

Pleasantville, new york
“got sick”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

food was so undercooked that we all got very ill. The soup was bland and the service was non existent. run! do not go here~

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Sharanny
pennsylvania
“The Best you could ask for and more.”
Reviewed July 1, 2011

The hotel is full of victorian history. The staff is beyond belief as far as service and talent. The food is a nice portion and beautiful presentation served on a river atmosphere. It's nice to dress a little and have a nice meal. NOT high prices.We like to make it a regular thing at least twice a month. Now they have the piano bar on friday and saturday nites, My husband and I never stop holding hands to the tunes. Thanks shawnee and river room. They grow their own vegatables, brew their own beer on premises, have a golf course, spa, hotel, pool, tavern on premises.

• Visited April 2011