“Wow, what an amazing trip!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shawnee on Delaware
Santosha on the Ridge Bed and Breakfast Sanctuary
White Plains, New York
“Wow, what an amazing trip!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I searched around a while before stumbling across Santosha, and when I read the reviews I figured, there's probably a reason it pretty much only has 5-star ratings. Well, it's because this is one of the nicest places you'll ever stay. I was planning on proposing to my girlfriend somewhere in the Poconos where you could see a beautiful sunset while enjoying nature. Upon arrival and a tour of the house, I immediately scrapped my plans and said to myself, "This is where I'm going to propose--it's perfect." And just to ease your curiosity, she said yes :-))

We stayed in the sunrise room. It was impeccably clean, artistically decorated, quiet and spacious. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in (I'd say more so than any Westin Resort). The bathroom was elegant with a turn of the century bathtub and a dual head shower. Perfect.

The breakfast was so good I woke up looking forward to it immediately. Very healthy options were served--this is not your typical bacon sausage and eggs buffet.

The last main point I'd like to make is that the innkeeper, Leslie, gives the best advice on what to do, where to go, and where to eat. Trust her. It worked well for me :-)

This is a truly unique place and I'm definitely going to come back the next time I want to relax in contentment.

Room Tip: Sunrise room. Best sleep of my life.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hippo999

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was the perfect mid way weekend getaway location for my girlfriend and I; she lives in NY and I in PA so based on the previous reviews, we decided to give Santosha a chance....indeed we were not disappointed! The Inn was so perfectly decorated; the setting serene and peaceful; the room was warm and tasteful and our hostess Amy, was the icing on the cake (as were her gourmet breakfast creations)!! Thank you Santosha and Amy for a fabulous weekend and the opportunity to create beautiful new memories! We look forward to a return trip!
Tracy and Karen

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traparm
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Took my girlfriend here for a quick getaway. We wanted a few days of relaxation and nature.

The place was perfect. The hosts were ultra welcoming and uber helpful in explaining what restaurants, parks, and attractions are in the area. The breakfast was delicious. The cookies were superb.

The soap was awesome, too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mike W
spalover30
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We agree with all of the positive reviews other travellers have shared. We were there for only one night a few weeks back. This was our first B&B experience and we had concerns about the owner or guests being overly chatty/intrusive. That was not the case. There were also other young couples there during our stay which was another factor we were unsure of going in. The owners were very low-key and the guests were friendly, but in no way did anything feel forced.
We dined at the brew pub down the way and we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the meal. It was above the average pub food we were expecting.
As others have stated, everything was clean, quiet, and peaceful at Santosha. Very thoughtful. One thing of note is bring your swimsuits. We did not notice on the website that a hot tub was available and found out upon arrival. Next time!
We especially enjoyed the leaving ritual the inn provides. Just a cool place. We felt like we got away for much longer than one day.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sunrise room and it was amazing!
Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank spalover30
Roebling, New Jersey
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I don't know if it's a blessing or a sin that more people don't know about Santosha.

Our only goal for our two day getaway was to do nothing but be in nature and relax. This place was perfect! Breakfast was amazing and was considerately prepared to our dietary needs, the rooms were impeccably clean and had just the right amenities to keep us focused on the natural setting without shocking our systems, and the people that run Santosha are just very nice people!

We look forward to the day we return!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank tomleigh79
West Deptford, NJ
Reviewed March 8, 2013

What an absolutely beautiful B&B. The first thing you notice is how impeccably clean everything is, and the quiet. Leslie is an amazing host; Amy a great cook. The breakfasts were delicious, the location ideal. I highly recommend this beautiful place and will definitely make many return trips.

Room Tip: We stayed in Naturescape, which is actually a mini suite above the garage, equipped with a small kit...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robin M
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at Santosha over the recent President's Weekend. We stayed in the Naturescape Room. The king bed and the space were very comfortable, tastefully furnished and roomy. There was a mini kitchen with a refrigerator and the room was nice and private. There was a sliding door that led to a back deck overlooking the woods which had been dusted with snow. The deck was a great place to store beer and keep it ice cold! One thing I immediately noticed is that this is a well-kept and extremely clean property. I couldn't find a speck of dirt in this B & B! Leslie is the owner and she was very welcoming and accomodating to us. Amy prepared a fabulous breakfast for the B & B guests each morning. Santosha seems remotely located because you have to travel up a long winding road to get there and you can't GPS it. However, it is conveniently located near many restaurants, Shawnee ski resort, Rainbow Mountain, Delaware Water Gap Park, shopping, etc. All in all, Santosha On The Ridge is a very relaxing, clean and exceptional B & B and if given the opportunity I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Naturescape Room but ALL of the rooms are clean and tastefully furnished.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joann W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shawnee on Delaware
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort
#1 of 4 in Shawnee on Delaware

Been to Santosha on the Ridge Bed and Breakfast Sanctuary? Share your experiences!