“This Busy Business Needs to Expand”

Saen Thai Cuisine Limited
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I was so excited to see a thai restaurant so close to my resort during my recent vacation. I called ahead to try and make a reservation and was told I could not do that. We were a party of five and didn't expect to have to wait very long. They only serve dinner and open from about 5 - 10 pm during the week. When I arrived, I was stunned to see that not only was the place very tiny, but that others were waiting to be seated and there is absolutely no formal waiting area (who does that?!). So, families , including mine, had to wait around standing up against the walls or hanging out at the take-out counter. Once it got too congested inside we waited outdoors where we were attacked by a variety of mosquitos and dragonflies. It was so late in the evening and we were so hungry, we decided to keep waiting. By the time we got in, we were the only patrons there and we felt so uncomfortable because it was like they were waiting for us to leave so they could close. Needless to say, I expected the food to be worth the wait...but it wasn't. It was just OK. I am a thai food afficianado and I think I could have gone back there and made better dishes...just saying.

1  Thank TraceyTravelDiva
There are newer reviews for Saen Thai Cuisine Limited

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Excellent food that compares to any in urban areas; small and no reservations, so plan your visit.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

In smaller towns, there are several "decent" Thai places that the locals crave. However, even if it's a bit of a distance, drive down to Saen Thai and order some food that rivals even some upscale restaurants in bigger cities.

I myself have been visiting Saen Thai since I was born, and my parents visited the place even before that. It's a small place (not a huge sitting area available) tucked away in the corner of a "mall complex," if it can be called that, right before the Delaware Water Gap and the New Jersey border. We travel an hour every time and the food is delicious. The staff is always friendly, and, when possible, always try to talk to Boon, the elderly bearded gentleman with glasses. He's an extremely amicable person, and forming a good relationship with him is very pleasant.

Typically, we eat Pahd Thai, all the types of curries, Tom Kha Kai, and Satay, but they have a rather large menu. Try what you can. It's great. But be prepared to wait at times. The place is popular, and if you go half an hour later than opening time (5:30) on weekends, you're going to wait a while. No reservations are taken.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Food was fresh and excellent. Would definitely go back if we went to the Poconos again. Seemed like there were alot of repeat customers.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

A friendly small restaurant. Waitress was very sensitive to our dietary concerns (i.e., no shellfish). Food was good, altho not extraordinary.