“Brilliant!”

Saen Thai Cuisine Limited
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed July 5, 2012

In smaller towns, there are several "decent" Thai places that the locals crave. However, even if it's a bit of a distance, drive down to Saen Thai and order some food that rivals even some upscale restaurants in bigger cities.

I myself have been visiting Saen Thai since I was born, and my parents visited the place even before that. It's a small place (not a huge sitting area available) tucked away in the corner of a "mall complex," if it can be called that, right before the Delaware Water Gap and the New Jersey border. We travel an hour every time and the food is delicious. The staff is always friendly, and, when possible, always try to talk to Boon, the elderly bearded gentleman with glasses. He's an extremely amicable person, and forming a good relationship with him is very pleasant.

Typically, we eat Pahd Thai, all the types of curries, Tom Kha Kai, and Satay, but they have a rather large menu. Try what you can. It's great. But be prepared to wait at times. The place is popular, and if you go half an hour later than opening time (5:30) on weekends, you're going to wait a while. No reservations are taken.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Food was fresh and excellent. Would definitely go back if we went to the Poconos again. Seemed like there were alot of repeat customers.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

A friendly small restaurant. Waitress was very sensitive to our dietary concerns (i.e., no shellfish). Food was good, altho not extraordinary.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Went here on a Friday night, as expected every table was full. They have 14 tables in all. It is your typical Thai menu, they do not offer specials. As others have mentioned it can get quite loud in here, esp. if you have a particularly rowdy table since the place is only about 30x10 feet in size. They do not offer a children's menu and even the dumplings which my daughter would have been glad to eat as dinner were made from shrimp and mushrooms, so I would not recommend the place for young children. The service is a bit slow and the waitress seemed really overwhelmed. We had the the chicken vegetable pad and the green curry beef with salads and dumplings. The citrus iced tea is very good. They do offer bar service although I am not sure I would want to sit and have drinks when there were so many people standing in that small room waiting for tables. Also those are some of the most uncomfortable chairs I have ever sat in for a meal. My husband said it was all a ploy to get you up and out for the next customer. They have take out available and I think I will try that the next time I dine there.

4  Thank Colleen G
Reviewed May 28, 2012

authentic food cooked with love( as the special ingredient). Husband and wife team for over 25 years. Don't miss it! go early table fill up every night.