“Wonderful Spa Weekend”

The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 18, 2010

Live in the area needed a quick getaway. The Shawnee Inn is relaxing, friendly, quaint. The spa was great! The food was delicious.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank snowgirl57
robhowell, General Manager at The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2010

Thank you for your review and recognizing our spa. The staff of our spa and restaurants work on delivering consistant exceptional service. I hope you will return to make sure we are obtaining our goals.

Reviewed March 2, 2010

upon arrival, greeted by friendly staff, check- in a breeze. room was very clean and beautiful and comfortable. we had dinner at the river room, it was delicious and the service was the best. it is so scenic at this place it blows your mind. can't wait to get back there. price was ok, but they have specials ,especially if you ski. worth every penny.

1  Thank aceoutlaw01
Reviewed February 24, 2010

I realize the hotel is rather old and very beautiful in it's own way, however, I could hear the person staying in the room next door snoring all night...didn't get a wink of sleep

Reviewed February 23, 2010

From the moment you come upon the Shawnee Inn you are greated by a friendly employee who announces your arrival to the rest of their staff. As you drive to the front of the hotel you are greated by someone to carry in your luggage while you either park your car or check in. The hotel is extremely clean and has this old world charm to it. The hotel staff is amazing, accomidating and cheerful no matter what hour you pass by them. Check in was a snap and our luggage was brought to our room. We stayed in our room with our 2 young children. The room was beautiful with very comfortable beds and pillows. They had windows that opened which was a plus for us because it was a beautiful winter day outside. Around dinner time the staff enters your room, turns your sheets down and leaves you these amazing cookies. We ate breakfast and dinner at the River room and the food was very good. It was priced the same as any other hotel you would stay at. The breakfast buffet was very good and offered many different things, not the normal cold cereal and bagels. At night there was a campfire where we roasted marshmellows and made smores. The hotel also has a little country store where you can get coffee and other items you may have forgot. We didn't get to enjoy the pool or arcade because I forgot our swim suits but I did see a bunch of guests who did. The spa was great too. Ask for Tina if you want a facial she is great.

We did travel to Big A's Steakhouse one night for dinner. It is about 10 minutes away and the food was fantastic. Flo was our watress and her personality was as great as the food.

All in all it was a great 4 day trip. My husband and I travel frequently for business and are very picky about where we stay. We highly recommend this hotel. You will not find a better place to stay or a staff that will treat you better than at the Shawnee Inn. I can't wait to come back again in March 2010!

1  Thank thevoglers
Reviewed February 16, 2010

If you just want a place to get away and relax, you have reached your destiny. My first time at the Shawnee Inn was in the winter during Valentine's Day weekend (Feb.12-15, 2010). The staff at the hotel is very warming and any questions or concerns you may have are answered and taken care of right there on the spot. I had a probIem with the drain in the bathtub and once I hung up with house keeping, I had somebody at my door to look at the problem. I enjoyed going to the Shawnee Mountain, which is 2 miles away from the Hotel. I went snow tubing and I learned how to ski. Lots of fun! At the hotel I enjoyed their indoor pool, with a lifeguard always on duty . I also enjoyed nice relaxing spa. The food at the restaurant was great. The rooms were very cozy. The matresses were a little hard, and gave me sometimes uncomfortable sleep. I really enjoyed my stay at the Shawnee Inn, I would go back anytime. There is alot to do and plenty of time to relax.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Prncesa
Reviewed February 15, 2010

ok, so i had read the other reviews so i was prepared for the small room. that said let me mention that customer service was outstanding. from the waitress/waiter in the restuarant to the housekeeping staff, everyone and everything was perfect. ok now the con, the restaurant ( the river room) 1. the food was inedible and cold, 2. the side dishes we're the chefs choice, 3. and last but not least the price for the meal was way over priced. regardless of all this, i went away with my boyfriend for the valentine day wkend and the hotel itself is beautiful also the vistas were spectacular. it was a very romantic wkend for us.
Shawnee Inn is a beautiful inn and i would recommend it to anyone. just stay away from the river room.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sweetdi60
Reviewed February 9, 2010

Our second year for the shawnee, this time in the cedar cottage, it was fabulous. clean, roomy, wonderful conceirge service, the spa was again exceptional, all the staff everywhere is wonderful, we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank triskayconnecticut
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shawnee on Delaware
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 7 in East Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek

Been to The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!