Lovely resort with nice golf courses, clean delaware river, well maintained indoor pool, excellent spa services, decent food... then the wedding crashers come! The resort had two weddings in one day and the music was still BLASTING at midnight. When we inquired at the front desk, they said the music was supposed to stop at 11:45PM, which seemed very late for a resort with only one building. Obviousy not much consideration was paid to guests who choose this as a vacation destination.
Once the music stopped, the crowd (very drunk by now) got louder and spilled into the hallways. There was a fight and all I heard was "f-you" being screamed down the hall. Didn't get to sleep until after 1AM, so I didnt get to play golf with my husband at 7AM as planned. It is a very charming resort, but weddings are obviously how they make their money so if you can avoid weekends, you will have a very pleasant experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort in the Pocono Mountains - Discover the historic Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, a unique destination for golf, skiing, vacations and meetings. Located only 75 miles from New York City in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, the resort is set amidst the splendor of the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. Championship golf, breathtaking views, and some of the finest dining in the Pocono Mountains are only a small part of the Shawnee experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shawnee Inn & Golf Hotel Shawnee On Delaware
- Shawnee Inn And Golf Resort
- Shawnee Hotel On Delaware