Once again enjoyed the golf at Shawnee. The course in the valley provides a great mountain backdrop for a nice round of golf. The use of a river island for 2/3rd of the 27 holes provides some nice river views and more than a few holes where water comes into play. The best is the par 3 holes shooting over the river on the blue and red courses. Not hard for the distance but it gets your mind playing the possibilities, which is the best part. Not a lot of elevation changes but a nice layout that will provide some challenge for the low handicappers and still bailout areas for the occasional golfer. Some tricky greens make it a fun course that I look forward to playing again.
If you have the time you can take a break at the snack house that has a nice selection, outdoor covered seating and great views for many holes. You can sit and enjoy the golf. Also check out the veranda at the hotel overlooking some finishing holes and the river.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort in the Pocono Mountains - Discover the historic Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, a unique destination for golf, skiing, vacations and meetings. Located only 75 miles from New York City in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, the resort is set amidst the splendor of the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. Championship golf, breathtaking views, and some of the finest dining in the Pocono Mountains are only a small part of the Shawnee experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shawnee Inn And Golf Resort
- Shawnee Inn & Golf Hotel Shawnee On Delaware
- Shawnee Hotel On Delaware