“Nice place but rooms are a bit small - Staff unresponsive to problems”

The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort
GreenLeadersBronze level
East Hanover, New Jersey, United States
“Nice place but rooms are a bit small - Staff unresponsive to problems”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The place was nice but the room was a bit small with no microwave or fridge. You can hardly walk between the TV stand and the bed. I probably would not go here again. My wife found this place in living social, and usually they give us some kind of coupon in regards to the included free breakfast. The pool doesn't open until very late, 10am which doesn't give you much time if you say one day checkout is 11am.

The not so good: When we go there was no one at the front desk. Someone had to go look for them although it wasn't that long. At the end of our stay we mentioned that they did not remind us or give us anything about the free room. We actually paid for breakfast but totally forgot about that it was included. They basically said it was our fault, and there was nothing they could do about it. I have a feeling that anything you complain about here is going to be blamed back at the customer and you will get the "yeah, yeah, yeah" response.

I stayed at other resorts in the area, and it's like night and day how organized the other places are in contrast to this one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brian Z
Rob H, General Manager at The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you for taking time out to write about your time here at our resort. I apologize for the lack of guest service you received. Rest assured that I will share your experience with our staff. Our employee mission is to deliver exceptional service to every guest at every opportunity. Please ask any staff member if you return and they should know that. If you are looking for a modern, spacious resort with microwaves and refrigerators in every room, you will not find it at this resort. We are a historic resort with unique in room amenities that you will not find at most resorts in our region. We are in a beautiful location, we have a variety of activities and a few dining options. We hope that you will reconsider and try us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently spent 3 days/2 nights at the Shawnee Inn and experienced a wonderful time. Twenty guys on an overnight golf trip that included a round at Great Bear which is a great compliment to the 27 holes at Shawnee. Both courses were in excellent early season condition. The management staff at Shawnee has always been outstanding and seems to get better each year. The general staff are always very professional, courteous and attentive.

In addition my wife spent a "Girls Spa Weekend" at Shawnee with her family back in March. Another very enjoyable time....Spa Staff, Reservations/Front Desk Staff and Dining Staff were all excellent. Accommodations go above and beyond and rooms are always spotless. We will be returning very soon....CAN'T WAIT!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Walter W
Rob H, General Manager at The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for writing about your experience at Shawnee. I would also like to thank you for staying with us and continuing to return. We hope to see you again in the near future. Please reach out to is if you need anything special.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had the most amazing weekend at the Shawnee Inn! I met Rob, the General Manager of the Inn, and he was friendly, personable and informative! There is no better place to stay in the Poconos. I had another great golf lesson with Max Frey, who is a new addition to the resort. He is patient, helpful, and knowledgeable. I give the whole experience 5 stars!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank JillM8
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Tara,

Thank you for the follow up email and the kind offer to return. I must tell you that I surprised my wife with this trip for her birthday. She had no idea where we were going until we pulled up to the front entrance. Our experience at the Inn was wonderful. I am retired military and my family and I have traveled the world and have stayed at some amazing places. But I can tell you that, in our opinion, staying at the Shawnee Inn was absolutely one of the most relaxing and stress free get aways for us. We love the history and the "Great Gatsby" feel of the inn and every employee we came into contact with were exceptional. Gary in Sales and Teresa at the front desk were the last two people we saw prior to our departure and they just did a wonderful job. The dining room room employees, the amazing "omelet man" at the breakfast buffet, cleaning staff, maintenance workers all were very pleasant and professional and just made us feel welcome! You are extremely fortunate to work in a beautiful and historic place and to work with kind, generous, and overall people that a guest want to meet and enjoy during there stay.

We will be back!

With kindest regards,

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paul T
South Plainfield, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Went for an over night spa weekend with girlfriends. Staff was overly friendly and helpful. Room was clean and had a very comfortable relaxing feeling. Only down fall was tub drained a little slow and was also a little small. View from room was spectacular. Spa was great and had breakfast in morning which was good. Great weekend trip for friends or couple.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Coleen B
New jersey
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Shawnee Inn has become our family getaway place.I think this was my 5th or 6th visit here in the last 2 or 3 years, but who's counting? My grandaughter and I visted over her spring vacation this March. We stayed two nights and got in our yearly spa trip. She is a young teenager and I really love that she likes one of my favorite places as much as I do. The beds were comfy and the service, as always, very attentive and friendly. But if you are going in the "off season" be aware the operative word during the week is that a few things are "off". The in house eatery, The River Room, is closed for lunch and dinner and the snack bar closes at 6:00 pm. But the brew pub up the street is still open so it is not really a problem. AND to compensate you get those great off-season discounts at the spa so it averages out. We are always very happy with our spa treatments and the products made by "Emma's Friends" are great. In any season, we love Shawnee Inn. In the spring to kick back, and in the other seasons to rev up and be busy with all the activities.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Compuwriter
.Nyc
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Spent my Easter Week here. Enjoyed my löcation overlooking the golf course and the waters of the Delaware River. Rooma at the Inn are cosy and fireplaced . Enjoyed a good Easter Buffet, and found the staff to be friendly and helpful, especially Osman at the front desk.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Tnt-people
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shawnee on Delaware
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek

Been to The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!