We decided at the last minute to spend New Years weekend in the Poconos. We have stayed there dozens of times in places long gone - the Summit (don't hold this against me - we were young, impoverished and madly in love!), Caesar's Brookdale & Paradise Stream, and Mt. Airy Lodge (gone) and Casino (amazing since the reno!) and just wanted some R&R for a long weekend. We had numerous experience as you can see from the range of properties we have visited in the Poconos. The Shawnee was a LOVELY experience and we have already booked again for February. The Queen bed standard room had great bath amenities including robes, full luxury bedding and a was decorated in the mode of the Waldorf rooms (late 19th century - deep cherry wood furniture, high poster bed, striped ivory tone-on-tone wallpaper, ultra-high molded ceilings - we were on the third floor - even has the old vented windows above the door, now sealed with a fresh coat of paint, and of course, a coffee pot with teas and coffee packs). The GM was there to personally welcome everyone checking in, and the property was lovely with Christmas decor throughout. It sits on a spectacular lake right over the Delaware Water Gap and although it was New Years Eve, it would have been warm enough to golf on what looks to be a spectacular course, but don't hold me to it since this was not open durin our stay. The staff were all friendly and efficient, rooms, though small, are serviceable and quite lovely with all needed furnishings throughout, and there was a very tasteful room filled with Nativity sets from the world worth a walk through while there. The coffee shop was the best, and next time with better planning we will try the restaurants (there was a New Years party on the property which we missed but it was absolutely lovely inside the main dining room and I am sorry we didn't plan it better or we might have attended). It is about 20 minutes to the Crossings Outlets and Mt. Airy Casino, and right in the heart of ski locations which abound in the area, and the location is perfect if the Poconos is your destination.
We most certainly will return here and loved it enough to book another stay in February before we left!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort in the Pocono Mountains - Discover the historic Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, a unique destination for golf, skiing, vacations and meetings. Located only 75 miles from New York City in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, the resort is set amidst the splendor of the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. Championship golf, breathtaking views, and some of the finest dining in the Pocono Mountains are only a small part of the Shawnee experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shawnee Inn And Golf Resort
- Shawnee Inn & Golf Hotel Shawnee On Delaware
- Shawnee Hotel On Delaware