“Convenient and reasonably priced”

Shawnee Mountain Ski Area
More attraction details
Owner description: Shawnee Mountain is your ticket to winter fun! The destination features 125 skiable acres, 23 trails, the Tomahawk Express high-speed quad lift, two terrain parks and a snow tubing park, 100% snowmaking, and daily grooming. A family-friendly resort, Shawnee Mountain offers excellent children's programs, unrivaled beginners' packages and some great terrain for the advanced skier and rider. Services and hospitality are a top priority, making Shawnee Mountain a favorite family and beginner-friendly ski resort. Visit the website for full details, snow report, discounts and more.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Brooklyn, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Convenient and reasonably priced”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed at the brand new bushkill inn with my oldest son and went to camelback, Blue mt. and Shawnee. Shawnee was the most convenient and well priced from all three ski resorts. Friendly staff. My son lost his regular shoes and they were nice enough to drive us to our car and return his rented ski boots from the comfort of our car. Thats Gr8 service! Thanks !

Visited January 2013

North West Ct
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Love the High Speed Lift”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I was here last year to go Snow Tubing. I didn't go. The snow got to soft. They gave me a rain check. I used it this year, after a morning of some great sking. A nice little place. I would go back again.

Visited February 2013
Delaware Water Gap, Pennsylvania
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great family-oriented, friendly spot for snow tubing”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Yesterday my wife and I took our 3 granddaughters (11, 10, and 8) snow tubing at Shawnee, and we all had a wonderful time. We had a gorgeous winter day, sunny and in the 30s, following 8 inches of snowfall from Nemo the night before. Shawnee offers skiing for old and young as well as snowboarding, but we were there for the tubing. The tubes are oversized, sturdy tubes with grip handles which you walk to a conveyor belt, step onto the belt, and ride to the top. (There are tandem tubes for parents who want to ride down with their younger kids--we saw parents in tubes with 3-year olds, having a great time.) Shawnee has 6 tube runs, well maintained, all of them fast enough to be exciting for all ages.
The cost isn't cheap--$25 for 2 hours of tubing ($20/2 hrs midweek)--but for the amount of fun we packed into 2 hours it was well worth it, and two hours was just long enough for our granddaughters. Shawnee offers separate sessions at 9 and 11 AM and 1 and 3 PM (and later, conditions permitting), limiting the number of tickets per session, which keeps crowding under control. Kudos to Shawnee for thinking of the guests before extra profits.
But the best part of Shawnee is the staff. Every one of them was unfailingly pleasant and courteous--from the woman who sold us our tubing tags to the guys at the bottom of the conveyor who always made sure my youngest got on safely every time, to the guys at the top of the hill who safely and cheerfully sent us on our way down the hill (they'd do requests like starting family or friends who want to race at the same time in side-by-side chutes), to the guy who ran halfway up one chute without my even asking to retrieve my hat which flew off on the trip down. The entire staff seemed to really enjoy being there, doing what they're doing. So credit to all, and those at the top who encourage and hire such a staff.
If you're looking for a great way to enjoy a winter day outdoors with the family, I heartily recommend "taking the tube" at Shawnee.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Turlock2012
Bridgewater, NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice Family Time - lots of younger children”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

prices for rentals reasonable, wasn't crowded good time, nice lodge with fireplace, cafeteria style food as well as sit down restaurant.

Visited January 2013
new jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Teach the little nippers to ski without breaking the bank”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Qualified, caring, patient instructors roam the bunny hill helping skiers and snowboarders of all ages learn winter sports. A typical midweek package is about $75 for an hour and a half lesson (skis or snowboard) an all day lift pass and ski or snowboard rental.).
Tubing is sold in two-hour increments and they limit the amount they sell for each session.
Parking is free and is adjacent to the mountain.
The cafeteria in the cozy lodge serves the standard array of fried foods and BBQ items. Prices have increased in recent years and you might do better with granola bars in your ski jacket and water in your car.
But, hey it's ski area not a diner.

Visited December 2012