“The area is great, the Units are dirty and outdated”

Ridge Top Village at Shawnee
Reviewed January 18, 2011

We stayed in Ridge Top in the winter and skiied at Shawnee Mountain. The mountain was great, just a short drive from the unit. I could have done without the mean lady at ski school - seemed she didnt really like her job! The units are in desperate need of remodeling! Our counter top was literaly falling apart and our screend in porch was torn. Luckily I had flip flops to wear in the shower. I recommend you bring some cleaning supplies if you plan to stay here! You dont get any toilet paper but at the end of your stay you have to stip the beds for the housekeepers and put the linens in the foyer. Not sure why they can't do this for you, but ok. I have not seen a TV like this in years! Flat screens would be nice. Our kids video games didnt even connect to them they are so old!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Sammie925

Reviewed January 14, 2011

Great place for the entire family! Supervised games, pool, skiing, cozy fireplaces, great weather, lots to see in surrounding areas. Shopping, casino, great staff, beautiful villas, What a truly wonderful experience. I highly recommend it for totally family vacationing. For children of all ages

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2010

Currently staying here at Ridgetop..while the scenery is great an very peaceful the accommodations are horrible. First day I walked into the bathroom and there was old toilet paper stuck to the side of the toilet...gum on the carpet, and very out dated linens. The beds aren't comfortable at all and in the kitchen ceiling there are tiles out of place..and I could continue..I guess the best features are the quiet area and the fact that shops and entertainment are nearby..but they seriously need to UPGRADE & put a lot more effort into CLEANING...I'd suggest bringing some kind of anti-bacterial cleaning spray!

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed November 18, 2010

My family stayed here over the Veteran's weekend. To our surprise, this "resort" didn't have housekeeping service. We had to use the same towels for 4 days. The best part is that the guest is responsible for taking out the trash and stripping the linens off the beds and placing it at the foyer at the end of your stay. I was told that if I want fresh linen, I should laundry it myself. What's the point of going to a resort to relax if you are doing all the chores yourself and paying good money to do it? I could have stayed home and did it all for free.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank j1703
Reviewed September 25, 2010

this is one of my favorite vaction spots. i go here every year its the best place. dont listen to ppl who dont like it this is awesome. the rooms are nice. the nieghbors are great, the pool is nice the view is beautful the staff is the bomb. ive been a shawnee member/owner since 2002. the spa is very nice. and my kids love the activities the also love the jacuzzi! its so peacful! last time we saw a wolf pack my kids had named all of them they were very friendly! i love going here id recommend this to everyone! :D its a bit expensive but thats okay!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank reviewer1239
Reviewed September 4, 2010

I knew not to expect much from the room. It was clean but outdated. We were there to travel daily so I decided to go for it. Didn't get much info at all from front desk. Drove 11 hours and then was told we had to wait over an hour for a room to be ready. Asked what we could do in the meantime. No reply. A map of the area would have been great- not just a map of the resort. We avoided the busy pools also. Lots of young, foreign neighbors who felt the need to party every night outside their rooms. At least the buildings were soundproof! Wish they would have left a survey for us to fill out. I would have mentioned the fruit fles and ants we were seeing in the room... even tho we weren't cooking any meals and kept our snacks in fridge. We were in a two bedroom with two upstairs baths and a bath downstairs. That was very nice since hubby, daughter and I could each have our own bath and shower. No screened porch. Would have been nice. Upstairs seemed hot. I turned the a/c down to 68 every night just so I could sleep comfortably. And we usually don't use air conditioning at home in the Midwest. Some might get a kick out of the wildlife at your back door. We saw deer and turkey every day. Don't know why the place couldn't offer free internet. You have to buy ATT. I didn't use it a lot since I could see all my neighbors' laptops and game systems listed in MY network! Would hope my firewall would stop them but who knows?

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lottylee1
Reviewed August 12, 2010

We stayed in RT 70, an older unit. We had two bedrooms and two bathrooms (both upstairs). Although our unit was comfortable and fairly clean (if you didn't look under the sink at the mouse droppings), this is NOT up to the usual standards of other Wyndham Vacation Resorts that we have stayed at. I was quite surprised. Some of the moldings around the floor were coming off, chunks of the kitchen wall were gone, two burners on the stove were not working, the dishwasher leaked and left a huge puddle on the floor, the air conditioning broke while we were there. I have to commend maintenance for coming in and fixing the dishwasher and the air conditioning promptly. They did not fix the stove. I'm definitely not a complainer, but I thought it was a given that Wyndham provided you with some of the necessities. There was no shampoo, conditioner or lotion and no kleenex that we have had at all other Wyndham resorts. There was no dish detergent and there was only one dishwasher detergent packet. Many Wyndhams provice salt, pepper, coffee and filters and microwave popcorn for at least one night. There was no extra roll of toilet paper, no paper towels, but there were plenty of garbage bags. There was a washer and dryer in our unit, but it was necessary to climb to the third step of a stepstool to get our clothes out of the dryer because it was so high. Also, the master bedroom only had a Queen size bed instead of the usual King bed in most places. Old coffee grounds had been left in the coffee pot and the coffee pot had not been washed. There was no clock/alarm in the bedroom. On the positive side, the activities provided in the Rec center were wonderful. There was something going on all day and early evening.

This resort is adequate, but certainly not up to Wyndham's standards. I'm surprised that it is a part of the Wyndham Resort system.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shawnee on Delaware
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
3 mi away
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap
#1 of 4 in Shawnee on Delaware
Great Wolf Lodge
Great Wolf Lodge
#1 of 1 in Scotrun

Been to Ridge Top Village at Shawnee? Share your experiences!