“OK property”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shawnee on Delaware
Ridge Top Village at Shawnee
mechanicsville, MD
“OK property”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Our 4 day stay here was good due to the things there are to do in the area - Bushkill Falls, Grey Towers, No. 9 Mine Tour in Lansdale, Miner's Village in Eckley, a wonderful shooting range, and the great little Saen Thai restaurant just across the street from the resort check-in.

We stayed at Ridge Top in a 2 BR unit. It had sufficient space, although the master bath was the smaller bathroom, but as many have mentioned before, it is fairly dated looking. There were burn marks inside the kitchen cabinet, and see the picture of the lower level bathroom sink.

I was dismayed by the lack of supplied amenities (lotion, shampoo, Kleenex, trash bags, paper towels, salt/pepper, etc.) that normally we expect, but when I mentioned it at the desk, they said that those particular units are managed by the HOA, not Wyndham. So my question is, why was Wyndham putting in in them for our stay with their program? However, they did give us shampoo and lotion when asked. Also unit was missing extra blankets in 2nd bedroom, so we had to ask for that.

Yes, we did see a bear - that was fun! But when we mentioned it at the desk, they sort of yawned and said "did you get a picture" - It did not phase us, but if someone had gone out and run into the thing or their child had gone out and tried to get close to it, ....Seems like they should
have mentioned this beforehand!

No check-in welcome packets, poor maintainence.(see pix) - my biggest complaint is that they have no hanging full-length curtains - the bedrooms all have the vertically-slatted fabric shades, which do not prevent anyone from seeing straight into your room - hard to relax in your 'jammies knowing that everyone who happens by can see right in!

ALL OF THAT SAID, however, their mini-golf course was nice and we enjoyed playing pool and air hockey. they have a large indoor volleyball court, a pool, and work-out room (the standard bikes, elipticals, etc.). The grounds were nice enough . So not bad, but not great. (they did have the new washing machines which have no agitator, so you can actually fit a full load in there , although the dryer has not been updated to accommodate that much stuff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank karensquirkies

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
NJ
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The unit we stayed at was very spacious with 2 BRs, 2 1/2 baths, kitchen, dinning and living area with a wood burning fireplace. Furnishing was dated but was clean through out. Kitchen was well equipped with all the necessary cooking equipment. The washer/dyer were convenient. Beds were too soft for my liking. Location is quiet with plenty of trees. Their clubhouse offered a gym with exercise equipment, a game room with a couple of pool tables and a decent sized swimming pool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank German F
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We were in a 2 bedrm unit, # 167. My husband, my 9 yr. old grandson, my daughter, and myself were there Aug. 11 - 18. Despite the worn outside of the units, the inside furnishings were dated, but very clean and ample. We didn't come to spend much time inside anyhow.

The kitchen was sufficiently stocked and everything worked. Housekeeping brought us a potato pealer and measuring spoons that the previous guests must have taken home with them. Inventory is taken after each guest party leaves. We cooked in alot. We did have a mild ant problem a couple of times but maintinance came and sprayed with "green" friendly bug killer which did the trick. I appreciated the environmentally friendly approach. After all, the resorts are in the woods. Guests should understand that resorts in wooded areas try their best to curb the insect problem, but I advise that guests keep foods in air tight containers, the mircowave, or refrigerator. Never leave crumbs or dirty dishes or food sit out on the counter or table. And run the dishwasher after meals. Extra dishwasher soap and toilet paper, etc. are available at the front desk, just ask.

We used the sofa bed. It was descent but recommended for the kids. The other beds were comfortable. Showers worked fine. The safe in the rooms are a nice addition. I went to McDonalds up the road to use their free Wifi.

Black bears inhabit the area and frequently knock over the dumpsters to eat. Or just tear off the doors of the dumpsters. Caution should be used by guests to not approach these bears to get pictures. These are wild animals and 400 lb. fuzzy creatures are not tame. Yes, they are big bears. They make a mess but maintainance comes around daily to clean it up. We were told to leave them alone, let them do their thing, and they will wander away...to a different village I suppose.

The rec center is nice. The indoor pool is environmentally friendly containing salt water. The umnbrella water falls is a favorite with the kids. Squirt guns, soft tossing balls and noodles are all welcome. Bring them with you. It also has a 0 walk-in edge. Nice for the tots. The room and water are warm. A lifeguard is stationed at both pools. The outdoor pool is fresh chlorinated water. Very clean. There are ample lounge chairs around both pools. Pool towels are supplied but keep track of them, as they do. A missing towel will cost you a replacement fee of $25 each. There are locker rooms and showers / bathrooms at each pool area.

Also in the rec center is a full size gym for basketball and volleyball and other assorted games they plan. Board games can be borrowed from the desk. The game room / video room was clean and most games were in working order. They tried to fix any that were not working. We participated in planned games they offer. My grandson won a bingo game! We also enjoyed the miniture golf. There are 2 nicely laid out courses and they are kept clean of debris for the most part. $5 for guests for all day continuous play.

My grandson and I (I'm 62) went to TREEVENTURES at Fernwood Resort. It has been open about 2 months. We had a great time! There are 66 elements (tree obstacles) and ziplines to maneuver through. It took us about 2 hrs. to go through 4 levels. I thank my Jazzercise for keeping me fit enough to have done this. The price is reasonable. The staff is helpful. I recommend it for a different adventure. The location is close by. Get directions at the desk.

We took the trolley ride for some local info and scenery. Did some fishing at Hidden Lake.

New York City is a 1 &1/2 hr. drive. The Poconos are a great location to go vist NYC. We took Rt. 3 off of 80 in with no problem via the Lincoln Tunnel. Check on internet about repairs being done on bridges, etc. in choosing a route. GPS and maps helped us get around. We went to the Intrepid Sea Air & Space Museum. It is awesome! Tickets aren't cheap but staff and programs are great...Space Shuttle, submarine, and other displays. City tours are offered from the resort but we wanted to spend the whole day on the aircraft carrier. Parking lots are not cheap. We took a cruise past the Statue of Liberty...at night. "She" is beautiful, as are the city lights of New York City.

I would go back to Shawnee Village. There is alot of nature to do in the area!

3 Thank OhTravelinround
Jordan
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I read many of the reviews before we went to this facility. They leaned mostly to decent but older, I decided the family would go and make up their own minds. We are always up for an adventure.
The facilites reminded me of rustic 2 story town houses in a beautiful woodland setting. We saw deer on the road almost every time we drove in or out of the property. The accomodations are a little outdated, some items closer to 70's-80's vintage, but everything was clean and well taken care of. We saw no evidence of any pesky critters other than a few woodchucks strolling around the grounds.
The bathrooms, bedrooms, sheets, towels, and kitchen were nicely cleaned. We had an older TV upstairs in the kids room, and a small flat screen in the master bedroom and downstairs living area. My favorite feature was a screened in porch, which we took advantage of, including the kids! No internet (there is a charge, but we refused to pay), so the kids READ BOOKS!! wow, I had to take a picture, as I was sure my daughter didn't know the front cover from the back cover.
the kitchen was clean so we minimally stocked it to have breakfasts and treats on hand.
The check in and check out was simple, efficient, and the staff was all very friendly. Our kids enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pool, and while we didn't get a chance to enjoy miniature golf, we will do that next time, as I know we will return.
Many very nice restaurants nearby, took a trolly tour, went to nearby antique stores and flea markets, and thoroughly enjoyed this trip.

4 Thank Erica O
NYC
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I asked for a recently renovated unit, and it was in decent condition. It was in the lower numbers and not too far off the access road. I'd say it's on par with the Depuy units, perhaps a few years newer. Not too much walking or steps to the units, unlike the River One units. The unit wasn't stocked very well cooking utensils/pots & pans, so be sure to bring anything essential just in case. There's a toaster not a toaster oven. Wood-burning fireplace was nice, get the kiln dried bags of firewood at the supermarket for fool proof fires. I usually buy the kindling bundles from the little cottage at the entrance to the resort. You grab a bundle at the top of the driveway and leave the money in the little can there. A real jacuzzi and not the red soaking tubs. Tube, not flat-screen tv. I'd recommend it over the River units. I'd like to check out the Summit units, but they are further up the road.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 1Renegade
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed August 20, 2013

yes we were here on a wyndham selling program...the units at ridge top need paint and repair. Inside was fine- not chic and upper crust- more like a hunting cabin from the 70-80's...2 nights, had trashed and storage units mauled by bears and scattered by feral cats, ground hogs, and birds. I had to make a front desk complaint to get the bug infested garbage cleaned up..not a great looking site! The parking lots also are full of pot holes and hard to maneuver for a senior citizen...broken ankle ready to happen...Pools were nice...no free wifi...$7/day per user/device , certainly not traveler friendly...grocery is 10-12mins. away, some nice restaurants too...I own at time share at the Lake Placid Club, I am spoiled by their constant attention to detail and upgrades...Shawnee take notice!

2 Thank pierogyman
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Recently returned from a week at Wyndham Shawnee Ridge Top Resort and we had an enjoyable time. Although the villas are a bit rustic and older they are reasonably equiped with all you might need for your stay. Kitchens are well equipped although no blender was a surprise as we like to make frozen drinks for our afternoon drink.

Our other comment would be the resort is a bit skimpy on toiletries. We had to stop at the check-in centre to get shampoo, conditioner and body lotion and toilet paper. If we had not brought dishwasher/washing machine detergent we would have been short on these items as well. Although this isn't a big deal, these are items that are part of ownership/rental of timesharw units and having to spend time waiting for delivery or picking them up is an inconvience.

The resort is well maintained and there are many activities but I would like to see more activities geared towards adults only. I would also like to see a couple of hours in the evening (8 - 10 maybe) for an adult swim as many of us do not want to be using the pools with them being overwhelmed with children.

All in all, we did enjoy ourselves and do plan on returning to this resort in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank craftykitty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shawnee on Delaware
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Ridge Top Village at Shawnee? Share your experiences!