“The resort is okay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shawnee on Delaware
Ridge Top Village at Shawnee
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Well went there to get away but the plates and cups in the cabinet were dirty we had to wash all of them.The showers are to small.Also there was a used sheet on the sofa bed that smelt like cologne.The was no soap for the sink or dish washer and the television was staticky.The staff was great.The recreational center is perfect for kids,adults,and,athletes of all sorts.The wild life is amazing and there all sorts of activities to do.there are many special offers at restaraunts for people staying at the resort.The resort rooms aren't child friendly because the fronts doors can be easily opined and the rooms are located on the side of a cliff.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Mark23456
There are newer reviews for Ridge Top Village at Shawnee

Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

My family flew in from Central America to enjoy a relaxed vacation. I reserved this resort and went to check in the day before they were to arrive, just to set up Easter gifts for the kids, make a dinner, etc. I entered the Villa and immediately realized that nothing had been updated in the Villa in what appears to be over ten years. EVERYTHING is dated! The ceiling tiles were wet and brown stained, there were large pests in the living room, screws left on the floor. I did not even attempt to go upstairs. I also had reserved a unit with a bathroom and bedroom on the first floor, due to my mothers knee replacement. This did not have one. After calling the front desk, an hour later u was offered two other villas- one of which had locks hanging off yge door as if someone had broken in, dirty bathroom, dirty linens and more pests. The third was the better of the three, it had ants in stove, cabinets, drawers and kitchen sink, no linen for the pull out sofa and caked on dirt on the kitchen floor. It looked like dirt and cooking oil, piled on the floor for years. We bleached and cleaned and my family arrived yhr next day. Only to find a dirty bathtub with blonde hair and a pair of red women's thongs behind the door with secretion dried up in them. (I should have checked the upstairs). After complaining yet again, the manager said that Wyndham is not affiliated with the property, they just manage them and that the timeshare owners refuse to update the property. They offered a dinner voucher of $100 for 9 people at a place where dinner is $25 per person. Ridiculous. For the second week that we were scheduled we had to change villas, needless to say this one was even older, dirtier, and in need of repairs. They said that they were too booked to change us. Therefore we woke up to drilling and banging for screens to be replaced, kitchen bulvs being replaced, exterminator spraying for the ants in this kitchen, floors being mopped, housekeeping cleaning because EVERY room was left undone! There was a list of seventeen unclean and broken items in the Villa. What makes it so bad Is that in every Villa there us a piece of paper thar says. Your Villa was cleaned by person A and inspected by supervisor person B, welcome and enjoy your stay. That is the joke of the century. Don't bother wasting your money.

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank smurfjeep711
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I was a little worried about going here with all the bad reviews on here... But I was pleasantly surprised. We did ask for a updated room with a good view before we checked in so that probably helped. The room was very comfortable for me an my wife. Would say they are about 1500-2000 sq ft. The ridge top we were in had tvs in the living room an both bedrooms, the beds do suck that is one of my 2 complaints... i could not sleep at all, every turn my wife made would wake me up... The beds were good for one thing though, but not for sleeping... they are very springey.. we ended up in the second bedroom were there was 2 beds an we would sleep in there... my second complaint is that the time share people are ruthless!!!!! we would get 5 or 6 calls a day, just when we were in the room they would start around 830am an we got some close to 9 pm... not sure if they called during the day... we finally gave in, i was on vacation an was tired of the calls, so we listened to there speel an gave us 100 bucks AMEX card... I got a week for 169.00 thru II, so take it with grain of salt... I was happy with the place though, out of the dozen or so we resorts we have went to since 1/1/11 this was the worst one... but not as bad as the reviews on here... the pool was nice, but needs more adult only swim... some of the kids were throwing stuff in the pool, not balls or anything, i am talking squirt guns... some babies were in the pool, an we must have went on prego week cause was about 5 prego girls in the pool an was just hoping there water did not break. they must have a lot of theft there, you have to sign out pool towels which is common but they give you a receipt when you turn them back... overal was nice experience...

Room Tip: I would ask for a updated room not facing the parking lot...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jason h
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We were at Ridge Top Village at Shawnee last weekend and had a great time.

We stayed at room T-240 Ridge Top Summit. I booked a 2 bedroom deluxe and it was a lovely surprise since we had a bad experience with the River Village last year. I hope they will continue upgrading the resort and get rid or renovate of the old units.

There are a number of Timeshares located in the Shawnee Village Complex. The Ridge Top is but one of them. Some of the other, newer ones "look better" such as the Summit at Ridge Top and Crestview. I recommend the Ridge Top Summit Rooms if you cannot get Crestview. Avoid the River Village! We stayed there last year and it was sooo BAD at not very comfortable!

We played miniature golf at the resort and took a swim in the indoor swimming pool.
At check-in, you are givien a chedule of the activities that will be going on at the resort. They also play family movies every night.

We had 3 bathrooms in the 2bedroom unit. The Jacuzzi worked great. We also used the washer and dryer and they work well. Laundry detergent was provided. I was just surprised that they did not provide shampoo, conditioner and lotion in the bathrooms.

The staff was courteous and we had pleasant and fun stay at the resort. We will definitely be back again .

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank aquarianne11
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We stayed on the summit in #239. Overall, the property was older, in decent shape. We had a bad battery in one of the smoke detectors on our arrival, but their maintenance man arrived quickly to get it replaced. There were other small items that seem like they could have been fixed if someone had taken a little time to look: there was a missing screw on the latch assembly of the dead bolt, one of the shower doors was bent and wouldn't open properly, the fireplace glass was covered in smoke. We did enjoy the large indoor swimming pool in the rec center. The property did have nice screened porches as well. The beds and other furnishings were comfortable too.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank BKS69
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Pretty location, spacious room sizes. Plenty of kids....mini golf, huge indoor pool, large game
room. Cozy & nice. Would only go for a long weekend, a whole week and I would be bored.

Room Tip: Feels like a condominium community of courtyards. Nice landscaping, laid out well.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Janice K
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Just got back from our weekend stay at the Wyndham Shwnee Village. After reading all the reviews we were indeed very skeptical, however after entering the units out fears were laid to rest. We stayed in unit #222 and unit # 236. The essentials were there for startup (paper towels, soaps, dishwashing liquid and detergent). The rooms were clean, as was the living area, kitchen and bathrooms. We tried out the jacuzzi in room #222 and it worked and was clean.

We were in the Ridge Top Summit Units which did not have the red jacuzzi that are mentioned in many of the reviews below. Yes the decor, and kitchen and furniture were not modern and state of the art, but isn't that expected. The fireplace was electric and we had a screened in porch. Directly behing our unit was a grill for barbecueing, however we did n't use it.

We played miniature golf at the resort, had some fun in the gamerooom, and took a swim in the swimming pool. At check-in, you are givien a chedule of the activities that will be going on at the resot. They also play family/kids movies at the resort in the evening. The staff was courteous and it was pleasant stay at the resort.

I read a review somehwere about bed bugs and we inquired at check-in and they assured us there are no bedbugs at this resort. But because I had read the review I had to check myself, I checked the mattress anyways and found it to be clean and bedbug free.

I had also called ahead to request our units be close and they were within walking distance which was very convenient.

I will most probably be back next year for some more family fun.

Room Tip: Ridge Top Summit Rooms if you cannot get Crestview.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Samina-A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shawnee on Delaware
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap
#2 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Ridge Top Village at Shawnee? Share your experiences!