“Excellent twist to Philly cheesesteak”

The Gem and Keystone Brewpub
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The Gem and Keystone Brewpub's menu features special bounty produced from the rich soil along the Delaware River from our own private Shawnee Island Farm™ (in season). Using local produce, all natural meats, PA farmstead cheeses and sustainable seafood, which match the Shawnee mission of reducing our carbon footprint and encouraging a healthier lifestyle. We use oak wood to fire our grill and offer vegetarian and gluten free menu options. We are a scratch kitchen, so our sauces, dressings and desserts are all made in house. Our restaurant is the official home of ShawneeCraft(R) artisan beers---handcrafted and brewed on the premises for your refreshment; we also have a reputable wine list along with a broad cocktail and martini menu. Conveniently located on the Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort property, our outdoor dining is second to none with its breathtaking view of the Pocono Mountains. Reservations are recommended on the weekends.
Toronto
“Excellent twist to Philly cheesesteak”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

While vacationing in Wyndham resort In the Poconos Region, we found this pub closeby. Their Cheddar Ale Cheesesteak was one of best we've tried of the famous Philly Cheesesteak sandwich. First of all, it had thinly sliced prime rib with mushrooms and onions, but the kicker is the ale (their own craft beer) cheddar cheese sauce that is mixed in with the beef, etc. It made a humble sandwich taste so rich and so good. They also make the crispiest and tastiest french fries that beat the french fries in Brussels which is overrated. We also had the oxtail sliders for starters which was also excellent. The second time we went there with friends, we had their hamburger and fish and chips and more cheddar ale cheesesteak. Their craft beer also good.

• Visited June 2014

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Best brewed beer”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The beer here is outstanding. Love to go here after golfing and have a couple of their home brewed beers. Food is ok but we normally go for the beer. There are other places in the area that are much better food

Visited June 2014
Lancaster, New York
“Delicious food, beautiful atmosphere, friendly staff”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We ate upstairs outside, had a lovely view of the woods and stream. I ordered the biere blanche which was very impressive. Light and refreshing and not too bitter, fresh and unfiltered tasting. I also ordered a starter of the crabsalad sliders. These weren't very mayonnaise, and had a nice spicy kick. The buttery sweet roll balanced it out perfectly.

My husband got the Gem burger and sweet potato fries. He order the burger medium well and it came out perfectly, moist and delicious. The fries were fantastic. I ordered a pulled pork sandwich. The pork was saucy and smoky but not too messy, the coleslaw was the perfect complement to the meats flavor. I replaced the kettle chips with french fries which arrived hot and crispy.

Overall, this was a fabulous meal, and if i'm ever in the area again I would try very hard to get back.

Visited June 2014
New Jersey
“Don't think I'll get the wings next time.”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I go to the Gem and Keystone at least once a year when I vacation in Shawnee. I got the wings and saw right away that they were dry and overcooked. The blue cheese that came with them was EXTREMELY watered down. I was immediately disappointed and wish I had gotten something else. My friend came up later in the evening to visit and stopped there beforehand and had the same experience. The service was excellent and I have always had good experiences there, and I will be back; just probably won't get the wings.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank StonewallBrigade
Dallas, Texas
“Very good burgers”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We got to pub late. The burger was Devine, but the service needs some training. They have local brews to order.

• Visited May 2014