“Great food, tasty beer and family friendly!”

The Gem and Keystone Brewpub
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The Gem and Keystone Brewpub's menu features special bounty produced from the rich soil along the Delaware River from our own private Shawnee Island Farm™ (in season). Using local produce, all natural meats, PA farmstead cheeses and sustainable seafood, which match the Shawnee mission of reducing our carbon footprint and encouraging a healthier lifestyle. We use oak wood to fire our grill and offer vegetarian and gluten free menu options. We are a scratch kitchen, so our sauces, dressings and desserts are all made in house. Our restaurant is the official home of ShawneeCraft(R) artisan beers---handcrafted and brewed on the premises for your refreshment; we also have a reputable wine list along with a broad cocktail and martini menu. Conveniently located on the Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort property, our outdoor dining is second to none with its breathtaking view of the Pocono Mountains. Reservations are recommended on the weekends.
Port Chester, New York
“Great food, tasty beer and family friendly!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

After a long day on the slopes, we were ready to sit down with our kids and have dinner. The
Gem and Keystone has a diverse menu with reasonable prices. We had olive tapenade and hummus for appetizer, pot roast, bacon cheeseburger, pulled pork and pasta for dinner. They offer craft beer from Shawnee Brewery which was great. We showed our lift ticket and got a free 10oz. Great way to start dinner. Our waitress, Kait and manager, Rob were terrific and are invested in the customer experience. For adults, there is a separate bar downstairs that is used for family overflow. Cant wait to check this place out in the summer, they have 3 decks!

Hixson, Tennessee, United States
“Half good and half Bad Experience”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

The restaurant was an historical tavern. The service was friendly. The appetizers were delicious.
We got the kettle chips with cheese and bacon and soft pretzels with two great sauces. Loved
Both. My dinner was not good. I got shrimp that were smoked and way too garlicky. The filet mignon was very dry. I have had way better at other restaurants and at home. The mashed potatoes also were too garlicky. I left half of my dinner. My husband did not like his either.

• Visited February 2014
“The food and service!!!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Our family stops there for dinner every time we stay at Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort. We also stop in for lunch just when we are in the area to ski or for other family fun. The staff is very friendly and provide great service. The food is fantastic and we enjoy going there when we are in the area.

“A pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Just off the slopes, tired, VERY hungry, wanting to escape the school burgers of the Shawnee mountain resort fast food, we were very happy to find ourselves at the delightful Gem and Keystone! Food is hearty, tasty and not over priced. Service was on the slow side but I'll take that over the zoo-like conditions at Shawnee. We warmed up, filled up on tasty fare and were on our merry way back home. Definitely worth driving that short distance say from the piste. Great for kids too!

Cranford, New Jersey
“Surprised by the Beer”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We came here for dinner after riding Camelback mountain all day. Got there about 6 on a Sat. The upstairs dining room was full, but the bar downstairs had plenty of room. There was 7 beers on tap and had a flight tasting each one. I was excited about the double and triple Pale Ale, but was let down by both. They would typically be my go-to beer, but I was unimpressed. However, I was surprised by a few that I normally wouldn't drink. The Black IPA, Dopplebock, and Apiarius(honey ale) were all extremely tasty and drinkable..maybe one of the best Black IPA's I've had. But, I would say the Biere Blanche(Belgian White) was my favorite. The food was good as well. Had the pretzel with cheddar ale cheese sauce and cheesesteak with a salad. Didn't know until after I ordered that the cheese on the steak was the same cheese that came with the pretzel, but it was ok since it's delicious. The bun with the cheesesteak could be improved, but overall everything was good. Our bartender, JOSH, was prompt with service and answers to any questions we had. Will be back again when I'm in the area to try some more of their seasonal releases.