“Fresh, tasty and good vlalue” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Gem and Keystone Brewpub

The Gem and Keystone Brewpub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Gem and Keystone Brewpub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The Gem and Keystone Brewpub's menu features special bounty produced from the rich soil along the Delaware River from our own private Shawnee Island Farm™ (in season). Using local produce, all natural meats, PA farmstead cheeses and sustainable seafood, which match the Shawnee mission of reducing our carbon footprint and encouraging a healthier lifestyle. We use oak wood to fire our grill and offer vegetarian and gluten free menu options. We are a scratch kitchen, so our sauces, dressings and desserts are all made in house. Our restaurant is the official home of ShawneeCraft(R) artisan beers---handcrafted and brewed on the premises for your refreshment; we also have a reputable wine list along with a broad cocktail and martini menu. Conveniently located on the Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort property, our outdoor dining is second to none with its breathtaking view of the Pocono Mountains. Reservations are recommended on the weekends.
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Fresh, tasty and good vlalue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Friendly service in a comfortable setting. Pleasant surprise. We went with 4 teens and 2 adults on a Friday night-all of us were pleased with our choices. The chicken quesadilla was great as entree. Very fresh tasting food and beer much of it sourced locally. Will go back again!

New York City, New York
“The beer while good can't make up for the food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was our third try with this restaurant. Desperate to find good places to eat in this part of the Poconos, our first visit on New Year's two years ago has never been matched. Don't know if they've changed hands but the food for the prices they charged was only 'ok'. Our server screwed up my order which was pretty simple, Spinach salad with Grilled chicken ($17). the Bartender offered to make it right be buying a beer on the house. I was really more hungry than thirsty. Go to the place for drinks only.

1 Thank diBiella51
Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania
“Great Casual Evening with outdoor seating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

My hubby and I just visited for the 2nd time. The first time was in the winter. This time we ate on the upper deck over looking a little babbling brook. So very nice and relaxing. We opted for a casual meal and were very impressed.
The staff was great. We were seated right away, checked up on, & the waitress was very sweet and polite.
My hubby and I e. had a glass of their homemade brewed beer and we both liked what we had. I had a crabcake sandwich which was great and lots of real crabmeat. He had a burger filled with a crab dip that was one of the specials.
This is a perfect place to unwind at the end of a busy wk., and dine outdoors in 1 of their 2 decks. Upper or lower. They were complete with lights and heaters for that cooler evening or to extend their season a bit. Loved it!

1 Thank Beachlover53417
Syosset, New York
“Fine food and good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have seen this restaurant several times but has never caught my attention. Seeing good reviews here I decided to give it a try and was pleasantly surprised to see good food served by excellent servers. Will try again when I pass this way.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank ZachariahN
Frankfort, Illinois
“Grub At the Pub”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Looking for light fare, after reading several reviews, we chose The Gem and Keystone Pub for dinner.
It was early and the facility was not at all crowded. We were promptly greeted and taken to a nice table by the windows looking out over a green space area. The pub is nice in appearance with lots of wood used in the dining area. As you would expect, being adjacent to a golf course, there is a golf theme present.
Our server soon welcomed us and provided some general information on the pub. After taking our drink orders she left us to review the menu and make selections for our entrée. The pub has a very nice selection of craft brewed beers. I chose the Apiarius beer while my spouse went with her usual wine selection. Our server then took our order.
Our dinner selections were brought to us after a short wait. I had the crab cake sandwich and my spouse chose the bratwurst. They were okay. Nothing to “stand up and shout about.” Our server returned several times to check on how things were going.
All things considered it was a pleasant experience. Since I was interested in the beer and I had a tasty one I was pleased. It was an enjoyable relaxing place to go.

• Visited April 2013