“Great Casual Evening with outdoor seating”

The Gem and Keystone Brewpub
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The Gem and Keystone Brewpub's menu features special bounty produced from the rich soil along the Delaware River from our own private Shawnee Island Farm™ (in season). Using local produce, all natural meats, PA farmstead cheeses and sustainable seafood, which match the Shawnee mission of reducing our carbon footprint and encouraging a healthier lifestyle. We use oak wood to fire our grill and offer vegetarian and gluten free menu options. We are a scratch kitchen, so our sauces, dressings and desserts are all made in house. Our restaurant is the official home of ShawneeCraft(R) artisan beers---handcrafted and brewed on the premises for your refreshment; we also have a reputable wine list along with a broad cocktail and martini menu. Conveniently located on the Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort property, our outdoor dining is second to none with its breathtaking view of the Pocono Mountains. Reservations are recommended on the weekends.
Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania
“Great Casual Evening with outdoor seating”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My hubby and I just visited for the 2nd time. The first time was in the winter. This time we ate on the upper deck over looking a little babbling brook. So very nice and relaxing. We opted for a casual meal and were very impressed.
The staff was great. We were seated right away, checked up on, & the waitress was very sweet and polite.
My hubby and I e. had a glass of their homemade brewed beer and we both liked what we had. I had a crabcake sandwich which was great and lots of real crabmeat. He had a burger filled with a crab dip that was one of the specials.
This is a perfect place to unwind at the end of a busy wk., and dine outdoors in 1 of their 2 decks. Upper or lower. They were complete with lights and heaters for that cooler evening or to extend their season a bit. Loved it!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Beachlover53417

Syosset, New York
“Fine food and good service”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have seen this restaurant several times but has never caught my attention. Seeing good reviews here I decided to give it a try and was pleasantly surprised to see good food served by excellent servers. Will try again when I pass this way.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank ZachariahN
Frankfort, Illinois
“Grub At the Pub”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Looking for light fare, after reading several reviews, we chose The Gem and Keystone Pub for dinner.
It was early and the facility was not at all crowded. We were promptly greeted and taken to a nice table by the windows looking out over a green space area. The pub is nice in appearance with lots of wood used in the dining area. As you would expect, being adjacent to a golf course, there is a golf theme present.
Our server soon welcomed us and provided some general information on the pub. After taking our drink orders she left us to review the menu and make selections for our entrée. The pub has a very nice selection of craft brewed beers. I chose the Apiarius beer while my spouse went with her usual wine selection. Our server then took our order.
Our dinner selections were brought to us after a short wait. I had the crab cake sandwich and my spouse chose the bratwurst. They were okay. Nothing to “stand up and shout about.” Our server returned several times to check on how things were going.
All things considered it was a pleasant experience. Since I was interested in the beer and I had a tasty one I was pleased. It was an enjoyable relaxing place to go.

• Visited April 2013
Colchester, Vermont
“Great food and awesome beer”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We were very off season so we chatted a lot with the staff. The food was very good and their own beer is great. Would highly recommend.

• Visited April 2013
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Local beer”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Owned by the Shawnee Inn resort. "Beer from here, Food from Near" is very telling of the excellent dining experience. Beer made on site and food prepared from ingredients from the surrounding communities. Excellent combination. Service is also superb.

Visited April 2013