“Don't go.”

The Gem and Keystone Brewpub
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The Gem and Keystone Brewpub's menu features special bounty produced from the rich soil along the Delaware River from our own private Shawnee Island Farm™ (in season). Using local produce, all natural meats, PA farmstead cheeses and sustainable seafood, which match the Shawnee mission of reducing our carbon footprint and encouraging a healthier lifestyle. We use oak wood to fire our grill and offer vegetarian and gluten free menu options. We are a scratch kitchen, so our sauces, dressings and desserts are all made in house. Our restaurant is the official home of ShawneeCraft(R) artisan beers---handcrafted and brewed on the premises for your refreshment; we also have a reputable wine list along with a broad cocktail and martini menu. Conveniently located on the Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort property, our outdoor dining is second to none with its breathtaking view of the Pocono Mountains. Reservations are recommended on the weekends.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Don't go.”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Overpriced, loud and ok food. Worst experience in a long time. Find
Another place to eat.

1 Thank sthompsen

Alexandria, VA
“Great Food, Terrific Expeirence”
Reviewed June 18, 2011

The menu was surprisingly varied for a brew pub, and the food was tasty and well prepared. We found the deck outside to be much quieter than inside the restauarant; nevertheless, the service was timely. They have a very good choice of beers. Both the food and beer choices include many organic and locally produced.

• Visited June 2011
Morgantown, Pennsylvania
“Valentine weekend 2011”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

We arrived at restaurant on Saturday, Feb 12th at 645 pm. Busy time probably due to Valentine's weekend. We were told 1 hour wait, so decided to go downstairs to bar and have a drink. Nice atmosphere downstairs in bar-- busy down there too! Bartender did an awesome job though! We probably should have just eaten down there since I think they forgot us.. but finally we were seated. Awesome food! Worth the wait! We ordered the soft pretzel appetizer with the cheddar ale dip- yummy! Entrees were the turkey burger- best one I've ever had, had a cranberry sauce on the side that was delicious and the cheesesteak. We're from Phila. area and my husband said it was the best cheesesteak he's had! Prices were reasonable.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank dciffarelli
Sussex, New Jersey
“Really good food paired with some nice brews”
Reviewed December 5, 2010

After a long day of Christmas Tree hunting, our cold family of 8 stopped by for an early dinner. Wait staff was very friendly and helpful and understanding of our 2 and 4 year old boys. We enjoyed several of their kraft brews without disappointment. The cheddar beer dip for an app is great with the beer. The Sashimi Tuna, however, is hidden by the overpowering amount of cracked pepper.

Service was not rushed and progressed at a nice pace. The rib eye's were cooked to perfection and had a nice hint of smoke in the crust. The trout and Mahi Mahi were both delicate and NOT overcooked.

All in all, it was a wonderful dinner and is certainly on our list of places to return to. Highly recommended.

Morris County, NJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,329 helpful votes
“Bad food, bad service, avoid it”
Reviewed October 16, 2010

If I could give this restaraunt a zero, I would.

The service was dreadful. The restaraunt has two levels and we were seated at a table next to a staircase and just opposite the door. Our meal was constanty interrupted by the cold air that came in when the door was opened. When we sat down, our server brought us some water and then was no where to be seen for 10 minutes. I told my wife that we should leave, I had a feeling that it would not be a good night. Unfortunately the server came back and took our order. Looking back at the quality of the food and service, I wish we had left.

I ordered something called "Three Sisters", which was described as "corn, squash and beans in a savory broth served in a squash". When it arrived, it this was one of the most horrible looking meals that I have seen. It looked like something that a sixth grader would have made on the first day of a home economics course. It was a small squash, covered with something, I think it was a type of pumpkin pita. Taking the pumpkin pita off of it, the contents looked bad. The broth was no where to be found. The contents were dry. It reaked of ginger. This cook should be ashamed to serve something like that.

My wife had the pumpkin ravoili, which tasted like they were not cooked properly.

Our server was no where to be found during the meal. He seemed to be too busy talking to other customers at the bar. He was one of the slowest servers I have ever seen.

At one time the restaraunt was known as Sam Sneed's and it was actually very good. My wife and I were married 4 years ago at the hotel next door and this area holds a special place in our hearts. This is a great area and this restaraunt is disgrace to it. The area deserves better. We love going up to the Shawnee area and hope that a decent restaraunt replaces this. Until then, avoid this restaraunt.

4 Thank bwco