“Like Nothing You Expect”
Review of Roadside America

Roadside America
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Granted, it looks like an old-time tourist trap, but next to the time we spent in Hershey Park, this was our favorite part of our vacation. Essentially it's one family's monument to God, family and the USA. More than a fantastic model train layout, it's a gym-sized model of the US. You'll be stunned at the detail and thought. The review at BoingBoing captures it best:

Seriously, don't miss it.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My mother came here when she was a little girl, she brought me when I was a little girl, and today we brought my two children which is such a special treat. Upon entering my 4yo son said "This is the awesomest place in the world!" It is fun for both children and adults and I adore the nostalgic feeling of everything inside the building. You can take a long as you like meandering around the "track" and noticing the hundreds of hand made details, pressing buttons, etc. A treasure!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This attraction is included in the bestseller, "1000 Places to See in Canada and the U.S. Before You Die". They scored and so did we. We are not "model" or "train" people, so this place was even more remarkable in that we still truly enjoyed it. It is about 3/4 acre of detailed models of all sorts: Buildings, trains, trolleys, rivers, bridges, and period architecture. Clearly a labor of love and something you should not miss if you are in the area, passing through, or destination specific.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Roadside America brought back so many memories. Me parents brought me here when I was a kid probably over 50 years ago. I had brought my kids here back in the 80's and now I brought my grand children to experience a labor of love for one individual who spent many days, weeks, months, and years building this miniature replica of small town America. This scale model is a must see for everyone whether you are into miniature models or not just to see the dedication this man put into his hobby. You will be given a pamphlet upon entry where it will guy you from station to station to explain each area. This is truly a remarkable attraction that will bring you back again and again. Thanks to all those involved to present this truly great piece of history and craftsmanship.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

They tell you you'll "see more than you expect" and it's really true. If you love train layouts, miniatures of any kind, and/or historic settings, this place is for you. We went on a very quiet Friday afternoon, it was easy to see everything and they encourage picture taking, which is great. The place is obviously a labor of love, not just from the man who created it bur from those who keep it maintained today. You cannot possibly see all the intricate details in one visit. I am so looking forward to looking through all the pictures I took. Fascinating.