“Not your typical tourist attraction!”
Review of Roadside America

Roadside America
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My parents took me here as a child, and I have taken my own children here (ages 10 & 12). I wasn't sure if they would like it, but they LOVED IT!! The place has definitely stood still in time, but a fun visit right off the interstate.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Been coming here since 1968! First with my Parents, sister and brothers and now with my own family. The thrill is STILL there and I try to visit at least twice a year. I always see something different every time. You MUST SEE the "Night Pageant" twice! First time sit at the back of the display to see it at eye level. The second time, view it from the top looking down on the left side of the layout. I always get goose bumps watching the "Night Pageant"! I hope this place last FOREVER!!! YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have been driving past roadside America since I started driving 18 years ago and never stopped. I took my 2 year old son there today and we both enjoyed the display very much. It almost brings a tear to my eye the patriotism and simplicity once enjoyed in this country. When the nice gentleman handing out the tickets told me that the man that built it took him 60 years by hand I was blown away. I said about how there are not many places like this left. I will defiantly be returning and hope that they can keep it going for as long as possible.

Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

The original huge model train attraction, Roadside is still the best. More detail than Northlandz and mich bigger than the Choo Choo Barn. The whole place is spotless and feels like all the values of the 1950's are intact when you walk in the door.

It is easy to spend two hours there, seeing multiple "nighttime pageants" where darkess falls the lights of the miniature towns come on. It is so cool!

Honestly, from the outside it may not look well kept, but inside it is pristine magic.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

It was my first visit in years and it was like stepping back into the past. If you enjoy model trains, you'll love the large realistic layout at Roadside America. It's a bit aged, but it's still a good deal to see when you're in the area.