“Ted's takes off ...”

Add it.
Ted's Landing
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Over the last 15 years have eaten here 4-5 times when passing thru, never fails to satisfy. Nice casual decor and like so many independent restaurants provides nice alternative to chains. Surprised only two prior reviews recorded, deserves more.

On this visit my wife and I just did apps. We had a seafood app consisting of clam casino, crab stuffed mushrooms and bacon wrapped scallops as well as a dozen steamed little necks. The stuffed mushrooms were good but the clams casino and scallops were outstanding. Amazing to find this level of well prepared seafood in Shamonkin Dam. The bacon was obviously slightly precook end prior to wrapping scallops so when don't together scallops remained monistic and sweet but bacon was done. The casino had a mixture of red and green pepper diced, diced onion, and a nice thick piece of bacon covering. The bacon fat sizzling down over the other ingredients. Truly outstanding..so glad none of the breadcrumb mixture so many casino offerings bring. My wife got a loaded potato she loved. I had a baked potato that was good could have stood 20 more mins in oven. Small serviceable wine list and large selection of beers.

Even though a Saturday night not packed and very pleasant dinning. They have a nice medium size bar, a large dinning room and one smaller dinning room. We had a booth in smaller looking out past the small parking lot and road to the Susquehana River.

Very nice waitress unobtrusive and did her job well. Have had entrees in past, while maybe not outstanding always good. Truly wisd we were in Ted 's neighborhood more would be regulars.

There are newer reviews for Ted's Landing

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My son and I stopped in on our way through town. We had attempted two other restaurants before deciding on Ted's Landing. The first a few miles north had an hour or more wait for a buffet. The second was a rib place just up the hill from Ted's Landing. When we pulled into the parking lot at the rib place three employees were having trash can races across the parking lot. We were concerned that this was a reflection on the service. We went back down the hill to Ted's Landing which was what had lured us off the highway in the first place.
What a pleasant surprise! They had a full menu including seafood, steak, chicken, pork chops. My son and I both ordered specials. He got the leg of lamb and I had the fried oysters. Both were excellent. The lamb was flavorful and tender. The oysters were fresh and hand breaded. We each had the house salad as expected. Our sides were wild rice and a stuffed potato. The wild rice was flavorful and nicely seasoned. The stuffed potato was a nice change from my usual baked potato. We were also treated to a basket of bread and crackers. The waitress actually wore skirts. Al in all a very pleasant dining experience.

1  Thank mdkeplers
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We have been trying to eat here for yeaars whiile traveling through the area but since Ted's doesn't open until 4pm this is our first time. It was everything we hoped for. Cozy, fabulous service (from a new server), excellent food, and marvelous drinks. The price was very reasonable for what we had and the crab casserole that I had was to dye for. I am sorry it is so far away from our home that I can only visit on a trip up north. Definately worth adjusting your schedule for.

1  Thank dobiegirl503