“Extremely happy”

Hampton Inn Selinsgrove / Shamokin Dam
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Shamokin Dam
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Within the reservation I had made a request for my daughter. The hotel made it happen. After a long day and a long drive we got to the hotel at 7pm. Checked in and got to the room my daughter walked in and saw the surprise. I have not seen her that happy in awhile. It was Awesome!!

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank tkdsue

Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Decent property. Nice, recent refresh to rooms give this Hampton Inn an upscale feel. Hamptonality abounds with staff at check in. I was offered a drink and snack and the Diet Coke was warm. Slight disappointment. Room is comfortable and room amenities are fine. Slept great for a one night stay which for me is rare. Don't let the power plant prevent you from staying here.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank CandyMan627
Reviewed July 20, 2014

No hotel is perfect, but this one comes close. As a front desk agent I am very picky when it comes to staying at different properties, this hotel provided an excellent experience from check in to check out. Check in process was easy, and my room was in pristine condition upon entry. The layouts of the rooms are modern and very warm color scheme. I slept awesome both nights on the big comfy beds and housekeeping did an excellent job on my stayover. The pool, hot tub and work out room are also well updated and very clean. I did not eat breakfast but the girls on my team were thrilled with the selection offered in the morning.

The only note i will make is to be ready for that right turn as soon as you see the Hampton Inn from the main road, if you miss it then you have to drive further and make a U-turn on the 4 lane highway. Of course this is not the hotel's fault but it is always good to know especially if one is tired after a long trip there!

Bottom line: I had a great experience and I would certainly reccomend this facility to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2014

The pros: Lobby and facility as a whole very clean. Check-in smooth, attendant friendly. Despite being sold out, the hotel was fairly quiet.

The cons: The actual entrance is not marked. While the big Hampton Inn sign indicates where to leave the main road, there's no smaller sign saying where to turn into actual hotel (which is behind trees). Hotel was sold out (like I said) so parking lot was beyond full. People parked in the fire zones, "no parking zones", even in the driveway next to the highway. We returned to the hotel at 10:45pm after an evening out and about. I had to illegally park just to leave my car within sight of the hotel. Breakfast looked good, but we never got to try it out. Place was full of people just hanging out shooting the breeze in the breakfast area. And we're talking 7:45am on a Sunday morning. I really wish people were more courteous in that regard.

Would I stay again? Probably. Though I'd say "definitely" if they enlarge the parking lot and breakfast area.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 1972Harry
Reviewed July 13, 2014

The hotel is renovated, clean, and fulfilled my expectations of the Hampton Inn brand. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The bathroom was clean with plenty of towels, and included complimentary toiletries (standard for Hampton Inn). Service was fast and friendly. Breakfast spread was decent- waffles, cereal, toast, pastries, juice, etc. I wanted pancakes so we ended up going to the Bob Evan's near the hotel (big mistake!). I wish we just ate breakfast at the hotel!

We were traveling to FallingWater and stayed at this hotel on our way from NYC. For where we were going, the hotel was a little out of the way but that's due to poor planning on my end. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Hotel was very clean and staff very helpful. We were there with 12 Adults and 9 Kids. We used the pool and hot tub and ate breakfast there too. Plenty of restaurants close by for a nice meal at the end of the day. We plan on staying there again next time we are up there.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Robert P
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Excellent experience. My only word of caution is to tell you the entrance is at your immediate left as soon as you turn off the highway. I drove past it the first time. Other than that, expect a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
#4 of 8 in Lewisburg
Hampton Inn Lewisburg
Hampton Inn Lewisburg
#3 of 8 in Lewisburg

Been to Hampton Inn Selinsgrove / Shamokin Dam? Share your experiences!