“Food prepared very well.”
Review of Sewickley Cafe - CLOSED

Sewickley Cafe
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

Food was very presentable. I had the crab cake sandwich and it was pretty good. A little pricey, but recommendable.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

We recently had lunch at The Cafe. The ice tea was served without ice! The Classic BLT had little bacon for $9.00! The chicken salad plate with fruit was watery and the fruit was not fresh. There was even cantaloupe rind in the small serving! The cole slaw tasted sour! Do they use sour cream in their recipe? The servers seemed confused and disinterested! We will never eat at this establishment again.

2  Thank MDBPA
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The service was horrible. We ordered specialty drinks (from the menu) and had to inquire about them ½ through the meal and were told there was no one on site that knew how to make them. We received food that was not prepared as describing on the menu (specific sauces missing- and meat so rare it was cold in the middle); when the wait staff returned food to cook to remedy- the cook loudly and openly complained about us and made the waitress cry. It was clear the wait staff was frustrated and helpless. We were told this thing happens when the owner is not present. Soup was served AFTER the entree; only after we pointed out they never arrived, when our entry was served. The “manager” stopped over to speak to us, excused himself halfway through the conversation to deal with other guest problems and never returned. Nothing was offered to be removed from the bill, including the inedible food or the late soup. We watched several tables leave without ordering as they waited for staff and watched as the cook frustrated the staff. I have eaten here many and often had little issues, but they are easily overlooked and I always think it will be better the next time. This will be my last time at this restaurant.

1  Thank LISA M H
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I eat at the Cafe on a regular basis, and it is one of my favorite, local places. I recommend it!

On a whim I made a reservation for Easter brunch. I neglected to ask if I could order off of the menu and was not told that it would be a "buffet only" situation. I don't "do" buffets as I don't eat enough to warrant a hefty price for mass produced food. However, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The buffet was very well priced at $20 per person, and made-to-order omelets and waffles were offered, and served at the table. The atmosphere was very relaxed, it was not crowded, the food was delicious. If they are open again next year for Easter, I will make another reservation!

\

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Atmosphere was relaxed and truffle blue cheese appetizer was outstanding. Highly recommend the Sea Bass. SErvice was very good as well