“Not great”

Dining options: Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Not great”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I visited here yesterday for lunch. They have a nice outdoor patio. We were greeted right away with menus and our drinks came right out. But then we waited an hour for our food. I got the prime rib sandwich what a mistake it was a large piece of fat on a piece of bread. It was gross and practically in edible and I was hungry. My husband had the ahi tuna salad. It was nothing special the dressing was weird. I don't think I would return it was just bad all around.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Shanda464

New Castle PA
“Good food, service not so good”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Dinner tonight at Sewickley Hotel. Very surprised by the decor of the restaurant. The Bathrooms were terrible, and the decor very dated. Food was very good, but our party had spoken to someone where they said the checks could be split, but when we got there and had a party of 10, they would not split the checks. How many people carry cash on them? We almost walked out before we ordered. We did have 2 waitresses that we waiting on us and one was willing to work with us and the other was very snippy and not very nice. Don't understand why a group of over 6 has to have one bill. Put the 20 % gratity on and split the checks. We dine out as a group at least once a month and there is usually 8-14 of us and this is one place we will not go back to as a party of more than 6.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank teachelr
Seattle, Washington
“Great little spot for local atmosphere”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I travel frequently and don't like to eat and chain restaurants so finding this place has been a delight. A friend and I came here tonight. She had never been to this area before and found it to be very delightful. Food was good - had one of their bison burgers. Our waitress was very attentive, but didn't hover and allowed us to visit. It's not a fancy place that offers a nice bar/pub type setting.

• Visited June 2013
Sewickley, PA
“Nice upscale pub and then some”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I eat lunch there two or three times a week. Great fish sandwich and chicken qusadillas, Good soups and a nice selection of other things.

Visited May 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Low grade of meat, owner/chef/manager not to be found”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The positive: the lobster mac n cheese app was very good with plenty of lobster as was the chicken dishes ordered at my table. The bad, very bad: the prime rib special was unrecognizable as 'prime rib'. I ordered medium and was served raw. Sent back. Came back out with end piece that was rare, at best. Texture was more like chuck roast. Terrible. Waiter asked how everything was, I said mine was terrible. He said sorry, but did not offer me a different choice. The chef, manager, nor owner ever made an appearance. My meat was not touched, other than my table mates trying a bite and agreeing inedible. When the bill came reflecting the entire price for everything, I asked to speak with someone in charge. The waiter left, then came back and said I'd be given a 10% deduction from my portion of the bill. Big deal. Never did have anyone in authority come speak to me to try to make things right or apologize. Will never return and will send business to The Sewickley Cafe instead.

Visited January 2013