“Unless you are over 75 years old, Skip this place”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Carmody's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Carmody's
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Unless you are over 75 years old, Skip this place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Really? Everything was out of style. The menu, the chairs, the decor, the carpet, the attitude.
Once again: Everything was out of style. The menu, the chairs, the decor, the carpet, the attitude.

• Visited September 2013

“This is my favorite home away from home.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I love the Walters and waitress, and the prices are great, the food was excellent. I highly recommend the French onion soup and the Fried Zucchini.

• Visited September 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
““Green Beans from a Can? Soggy Almonds?””
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I really wanted to like Carmody's. It reminded me of another old place that I loved, due to the older decor. The service at Carmody's was also very good. The wait staff was very nice. The similarities ended there.

The food was very expensive for the quantity of food. For example, I got veal piccata. The taste was OK, but the portion was very small (the price was not). There were 4 small, thin pieces that probably weighed 1/8 pound combined total! The sauce that is was in was actually gelatinous. And since I am trying to watch what I eat, I ordered the "vegetable of the day" which was green beans and almonds. It was nasty canned green beans and the almonds were actually soggy! I didn't know that Almonds could even get soggy...

I am shocked about the other reviews of this place that say low price, high quality and large portions. I had to fill up on buns. The only explanation that I could guess that that maybe others ordered sandwiches. My wife and I both bought dinners, not sandwiches. They were very overpriced and I even had a coupon!

I want to caveat this review by stating that I really am not a complainer and I love small mom/pop joints with character. Check out my other reviews for proof.

• Visited April 2013
Pittsburgh
“Just like Mom used to make!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

This place has been open since 1952 and for good reasons. Great food, large portions. The family is always there making sure everything is ok. Never a disappointment. Try it you'll love it!

• Visited March 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Carmody's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

If you are looking for good food a decent prices this is the place. This restaurant is the quinticential family restaurant . They have a robust menu. The building is dated as is the interior. However, the food was very good and the service was very good. We were just passing through, but if I was in the area again, I would go back.

• Visited September 2012