“Outstanding Food”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Vineland, NJ
“Outstanding Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

The flavor and portions were outstanding, but did not anticipate my dining experience to be a 3 hour one. Was only 3 wait staff working and they were full. Even simple things such as bread and ice cream would take up to 10 minutes to arrive. But the quality of the food made up for the service to such a magnitude that I will be going back there to dine.

• Visited October 2012

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“We'll be back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had an early Sunday dinner. Chose from the 'lite' menu. Portions were adequate and the selection varied. Be aware that it's their choice of appetizer, soup and salad with this reduced-price menu.

Food was very good. Service was marginal as a few of the waitstaff didn't come to work that day. Waitress tried to make the best of it although she was rushed and the service was somewhat disappointing. A drip from the ceiling -- which we caught in an empty glass -- provided entertainment between courses.

There are 6 tables that provide an excellent view of the river and adjacent railroad.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Rick H
Pennsylvania
“Great Food in Unique Setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

I travel through the greater Pittsburgh area often and have driven up the steep driveway of the Sewickley Speakeasy before (lured in by a catchy sign) , but it was always on a Monday or Tuesday. They are closed on Mon and Tues.

When I found myself in the region on a Wednesday evening, I immediately drove to the Speakeasy for dinner.

The restaurant is in an old, inviting building high up on a hill surrounded by woods. The main dining room has a cozy fireplace and overlooks a river. Service was friendly and attentive.

My food was tasty and everything arrived noticably piping hot. I mean really, really hot. I had baked panko crusted cod topped with 6 clams and 3 good sized shrimp. It came with a baked potato and cup of soup (chicken noodle...very hot). Portions were ample and prices were reasonable. There was a "Lite Menu" available with about 12 options that are the same as the main menu but half the portion and are served with small plates of appetizer, soup, and dessert for $15.95. This is a really good deal!

One more thing. A train went by and blew it's whistle 3 times during my dinner. It added to the "local flavor" of my dining experience. I really liked it.

I hope to have the opportunity to dine at the Sewickley Speakeasy again in the future.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank KimfromPA
Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
“NEVER GO BACK”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2011

My wife and I go to the Speak Easy every year for Dinner at Christmas time and I would say 2-3 other times thru out the year. This year we went on New Years Eve. We had 6pm reservations. We were taken to the back part of the dining room which we had never been seated before. My wife (which is 118lbs) had to turn sideways to squeeze into the booth because we were seated on the side of the fireplace. We asked if we could sit in the other dining area since there were plenty of table available. We were told NO! because those tables were for 4 people. (The booth we sat in could have also fit 4 people) As we sat there we watched the hostess that was pretty short with us seat 2 tables back to back in the tables that we asked for with 2 people at each one. We asked to speak with the owner when we got our dinner salads. Needless to say we had our entire dinner and she never came. I will never go back and will never suggest anyone to got there again. We always told our friends to go there but not now. Not if the OWNER doesnt have enough respect to talk to a customer. I used to be a Manager at an Eat n Park restaurant and never made a customer that wanted to talk wait longer than 5 minutes, let alone an entire meal and never show! VERY DISAPPOINTED!

• Visited December 2010
3 Thank jbutch2121
Moon Township, Pennsylvania
“very good meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2011

wife and i had dinner here new years eve. i had surf and turf wife had virginia spots, both meals were excellent. service also very good. for desert we split a creme brulee, have had it many times before but theirs is the best i've had.