“No Respect!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Sweetwater Grille
Reviewed February 12, 2009

if you want to be served by a pompous arrogant wait staff, go here. Just because they are in Sewickley does not give them the right to look down on you!

1  Thank sharkcage

Reviewed January 31, 2009

A friend recommended that I try the Sweetwater Grille and gave it a try last night. My party was thoroughly delighted with my suggestion to dine there! The food was excellent, especially the bone-in-ribeye, which I had. Not only was the food great, the service was fun, and the wine and beer selections were both extensive. I was lucky enough to find one of my favorites, Bear Republic Racer 5, on tap!

1  Thank happycamper0083
Reviewed January 15, 2009

I had heard good things about this place. I went with a friend and have to say that I was disappointed. The food was good. (My veal was particular good.) But the staff was horrible.

I'm guessing that I hit the place on a bad night because EVERYone that worked there was rude and angry. I've spoken with others who have been to Sweetwater and said they haven't been treated rudely.

I'm going to give it another go. It's a shame that the service didn't match the food or I would have given the place a 5.

Reviewed September 20, 2008

My husband and I were traveling from Virginia to Pittsburgh and decided to stop in Sewickley to visit some relatives. We lived in the DC area for a number of years and have acquired a taste for quality cuisine. Upon wandering around th corner from the main street in Sewickley, we noticed the exterior sign, and decided to have lunch. The interior was reminiscent of some places we have visited in Charleston,South Carolina and the "Great American" restaurants in the Northern Virginia area. The service was quick and timed correctly, along with a smile. The meal began with some delicious crusty breads similar to those found in Europe's continental breakfasts, a glass of Perroni, and a cup of delicious, with a hint of spice turtle soup. The meal was completed with a crab salad sandwich which was mostly crab -less filler and similar to that found in the Baltimore area. Additionally, the owner/chef visited our table and welcomed us to the area. A most pleasurable culinary experience overall!

3  Thank travelingfoodiefam
Reviewed September 14, 2008

My family recently had dinner at the Sweet Water Grille and we had a wonderful experince. The server was friendly and prompt. Our meals were magnificent ! We are so excited to finally have a fabulous restaurant in our area !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Coco1SewickleyPa_