“Delicious and relaxing atmosphere”
Review of Washington House

Washington House
Reserve with OpenTable
Washington House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Sellersville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Delicious and relaxing atmosphere”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had the most wonderful dinner prior to the Ben Taylor and Band show. The band had dinner in the same room as us. The atmosphere is so relaxing. The staff is very attentive. My husband ate his crab bisque before I could as for a taste. The Petite filet of beef with roasted basil fingerling potatoes was the perfect size to still be able to enjoy dessert. My husband enjoyed the cheesecake and I had the bourbon pecan chocolate chip tart was incredible. We can't wait to come back.

Visited February 2013

Perkasie, Pennsylvania
“Upscale Menu at Reasonable Prices”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The washington House has great ambience being situated in a very old, restored building. The food is very good, very different and the service is great. reservations are a good idea if you want to be sure and have a table. They do have rooms for bigger parties.
It's is right next to the theatre and the two venues do work together. A great place to go for a specail occasiion or just a really nice lunch.

Visited February 2013
Ottsville, Pennsylvania
“Candy for Breakfast”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We had the pleasure of doing brunch last Sunday at the Washington House in Sellersville, PA. The brunch is prix fix @ $20 per person and consists of coffee, tea, rolls, pastries, and what ever you want, If it's on the menu you can probably get it for brunch. The food was great, the service was attentive, and the atmosphere is quaint. I would go back in a heart beat.

Now for the disclaimer. If you have a sweet tooth, you must go for one of the pancake or waffle dishes. If these things don't satisfy you, I don't know what will. Even if it doesn't, when you are through, you can have one of the deserts which is also included.

• Visited January 2013
Bucks County, PA
“Decent food, relaxed atmosphere... a little too relaxed.”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

A friend and I went for lunch on a Friday afternoon. The restaurant was empty except for one other table of customers. We were seated right away directly behind the only other customers in the entire restaurant. Once those customers left, staff took up residence at the same table to eat their lunch and discuss various subjects. I think it would have been more proper to seat us a couple of tables apart. I don't enjoy having my conversation listened to or overhearing other conversations when in an empty restaurant.

The server was very nice and polite. We ordered and received our appetizers and sandwiches quickly. We weren't rushed between courses. I liked the appetizers better than the sandwiches. I had the German Spaetzle (sp?)

Also, the lamp shades were completely covered in cobwebs, but the rest of the restaurant looked clean.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank hypo_theories
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
“A very nice, relaxing restaurant”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Six of us meet here for drinks and dinner before the show. The restaurant is an old, historical building in a historic area of our country's beginnings. The bar area is dressed in dark woods and has a very relaxing atmosphere. Great place to meet and wait for your table. The menu changes seasonally and we not been disappointed yet with any of our choices. My salad had a bit too much dressing for my taste and it should have been served on the side. For dessert, one couple had the bread pudding and raved about it. We and another couple had the Opera Cake. We expected something different from what was served and were a little disappointed with our choices. The staff has always been very friendly and efficient and know their jobs. We would recommend dining here whether going to the theater or just in the area.

• Visited January 2013