“Lisa Marie Presley concert” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sellersville Theater
Middlesex, New Jersey
161 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“Lisa Marie Presley concert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

I recently went with my wife to see Lisa Marie Presley, I had taken my son a year earlier to see Roy Rogers with Ray Manzarek (of The Doors). I liked both shows, they seem to use local opening acts which is fine as the tickets aren't very expensive. This time we paid a few dollars to park next to the train station lot, very close to the venue. Last time I was right in the free lot between the restaurant and theater. I sat next to a lifelong local who used to go here when it was a movie theater which tells you about the overall size. Seating is tight like most places, everything is in good shape though. This show was sold out and you could tell by the overcrowded lobby area. It's 90-120 mins one way for me to get there but worth it if only once a year or so. You don't choose your seats but get them as best available, this time we constantly had people making us get up so they could pass which was very annoying and it was quite a wait for the main show to begin. I wish she had stayed on longer but she did at least 12 songs, many from her new album. I understand them not wanting people taking video which is so common but the staff was freaking out on anyone trying to take any pictures at all.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jeremy31Virgo

Burlington, NJ
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 220 helpful votes
“First Rate Experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

We've heard of this theater but never had a chance to go until last weekend. Nice little theater, great acoustics, and very friendly! No parking fees made for a pleasant experience, as well as being able to have a drink while you watched the show. We would definitely go again, as the price was right, and the entertainment first rate!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank newjerseyfamily
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“Great little theater”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Great little theater that has shows for all kinds of people. A lot of tribute bands for Zepplin, Queen, Eagles, etc and some individuals. Has country and jazz performers too. We saw the Great Kresken there a few months ago. They also have a free movie night every month. Cannot beat dinner at Washington House and then the theater. Be careful thou those free movie nights turn into a little more expense when you get dinner, but dinner is always worth it.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank 2010Escape
Lansdale, Pennsylvania, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great place to see a band”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

I've seen several ska shows here over the years and there is no place I'd rather see a live band. The staff is amazingly friendly and very cool about bringing drinks into the venue. There are plenty of comfortable seats if you want to sit and watch the show and they clear all the tables and chairs off the dance floor in front of the stage for hardy souls that want to get up and jump around. You can get close enough to shake hands with the band, which I've done on several occasions. We usually have dinner at the beautiful Washington House and enjoy some fine craft brews, then just walk up the street to the Sellersville Theater and hang out on the patio until the show starts. Plenty of free parking. Can't wait to see my next show.

Visited March 2013
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 132 helpful votes
“Best Music Venue EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

We just saw Acoustic Alchemy at the Sellersville Theatre. It seems that a lot of musicians start their tours of the US here in this small 300 seat theatre. There isn't a bad seat in the entire theatre. We usually sit in the cabaret seating area which are 10 small tables for 4 people each. I missed getting cabaret seating this time, and was very worried that the seats would not compare to the cabaret seats. I was very wrong. We were seated in the second row the last two seats on the left side of the row. We had excellent views, and the sound was absolutely amazing. The concession stand in the lobby sells good beer,wine, water, soda and light snacks of candy and popcorn. The only thing I wish is that there were more women's bathroom stalls. Other than that - this is the perfect venue for any musical act to launch a tour. We've seen many great acts here and all have been fabulous, and top notch. Basia, the Yellowjackets, Matt Schofield, and many other well known musicians seem to be drawn to this small informal yet acoustically sound theatre, I'm hoping for Jeff Golub, Rick Braun, Steve Cole, Robin Thicke, and John Legend someday!

Visited November 2013