“Just as Good the Second Time”

BJ's Steak & Rib House
Reserve with OpenTable
BJ's Steak & Rib House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Selinsgrove
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pine Street
Oxford, North Carolina, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just as Good the Second Time”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is the second time that we have stopped for supper while staying in Selinsgrove. They have a good many reservations but managed to squeeze us in. We ordered drinks. I wasn't pleased with my martini that came served over the rocks. The server suggested that it be taken off our tab and suggested a very good white wine. They have a first rate oyster bar and staff that can identify each and where it was caught. We enjoyed both of our entrees. Did we enjoy our experience? Certainly.

• Visited July 2013

Middleburg, Pennsylvania
“Over priced, small portions”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Used to eat here all the time but recently the menu changed and prices went up. I don't mind high prices for good food and lots of it but last trip here do not get me either!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Angie S
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
“Good food”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband took me here the Friday before Mothers Day. We had reservations so we were seated immediately and greeted by our waitress fairly quickly as well. We came with our 1 year old and thankfully the waitress put his food order in with the appetizer so that they came out together. This was awesome except for the fact that it took our food another 30-45 minutes to arrive. Our waitress kept saying it's almost ready, there was a big party upstairs, it's almost ready and finally we got it just as my son was finishing his meal. Hubby liked his food and I got the salmon and was not very impressed. It didn't taste horrible but it was very bland. In all fairness we have eaten here several times before and have never had a problem with waiting so long for food and have always enjoyed what we ordered in the past. I chalk it up to it being a busy mothers day weekend and the local colleges graduation weekend so it was busy. I would recommmend this restaurant (try the burgers, they are great).

• Visited May 2013
Shamokin, Pennsylvania
“Poor quality of steak for price”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and kids took me to BJS for mothers day. we ordered steak. I told the waiter medium RARE. My steak was well. It was so dry. The garlic mashed potatoes tasted gritty and reheated. My husband steak was no better. When you pay this much for steak. You expect it to be perfect EVERY time. I will never go back to this restuarant.

• Visited May 2013
pottstown
“Not too bad.”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Have to say I've been there several times and was underwhelmed. Husband loves the ribs. Great place to enjoy oysters.