“This Longhorn has yet to disappoint - always a good stop.”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #8 of 40 Restaurants in Selinsgrove
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is always a good stop in Shamokin Dam. Prices are too high, but the food and service are always good.

There are newer reviews for LongHorn Steakhouse

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My family and I eat here fairly regularly. It is one of the better chain restaurants in the area. Service is usually prompt and attentive. Jimmy was our waiter for today's visit when it was pretty crowded. He gave us all the attention we needed. Detracting from our enjoyment was the very loud music. We asked the manager if she could lower the volume. She returned later to say that she had lowered it as much as possible, although I didnt notice much of a difference. I typically order a steak or the chicken fingers. Today I had the Outlaw Ribeye instead of my usual strip steak. It was tasty and tender, cooked a little rarer than I wanted but not so much that I sent it back. Given the lack of better restaurants in the area and our usual enjoyment of the food here, we will be back.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We went there to celebrate our son's birthday...our first visit. Needless to say, it was also our last. Service--Our server seemed overwhelmed by the amount of tables she had, and when we got our appetizer, we had to ask for plates for it. When she brought the plates, they were completely dripping wet. She seemed ticked off that we pointed it out and proceeded to stack the wet plates very loudly. It took awhile to get dry plates, so in the mean time our hot appetizer got cold. Her attitude didn't really get any better. Food-- The best part of our meal was the salads. We then ordered their Parmesan Chicken(a specialty on their menu) and it was extremely difficult to cut but our server never came back to ask about it. We like to take our time when dining out, however, in this case we couldn't wait to leave. We got the rest of our food wrapped to take home. I was so hoping for a more positive and enjoyable experience.

1  Thank KT7214
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have never had a bad meal at The Loghorn..I have gotten steak there but usually I get the Parmesan Crusted Chicken and it is always DELICIOUS! Staff is always knowledgable of the items they have and fast with service and refills of drinks. Always is clean and well maintained inside the restaurant as well..Definitely recommend to anyone..

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We have eaten here a few times and almost everytime our food was delicious. One time, my husband's steak was overcooked (he asked for rare), and they replaced it with another overcooked steak (less overcooked, but still overcooked.) However, the other times we ate there, his steak was perfect. I always get chicken of some sort and it is always terrific. I love the bread and the cheese fries. Servers have all been very nice.

If you are coming here on a weekend, you might want to use the call ahead seating because this location is sort of small and you could be waiting quite awhile.