“Excellent food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I love this place for their unique food and happy hour in their wine bar (just keep in mind that the wine bar is very small and can fill up quickly if everyone has the same idea as you that night). It has an intimate setting and great for a lunch or dinner out in Lewisburg when you want to treat yourself well.

There are newer reviews for Isabella

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Isabella is set in an old bank, and they've preserved the grandeur of the original building while turning it into a wonderful restaurant. The atmosphere is a fun contrast--severe, imposing walls are softened by snug tables and soft lighting. Their service is outstanding. We never wanted for anything, but it's not intrusive. I don't feel like the waitstaff is trying to "entertain" me, which always rankles me when I go to other restaurants. And the food...YES! We got the eggplant rollatini appetizer and it was beautiful. For his entree, my boyfriend got the arrabiata, and it was nice and spicy and chunky. I got the butternut squash ravioli special, and it was rich and delicate and beautiful. Their wine list is entirely reasonable and accessible. The only reason I didn't give them a 5 out of 5 is because their bread and salad are incredibly pedestrian. We've been there several times before and have never had a bad experience.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is one of those places where I need to go 15 times to try everything I want to on the menu. I love everything about Isabella's and its not too pricey. Food was excellent! A must go restaurant!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I wanted to try a steak house in Selinsgrove for our anniversary after hearing about the Chicago-style steaks. We parked near Isabella's and I suggested we walk by to check it out. The charming restaurant was so much more than the "casual" restaurant it mentioned on the sign in front. The ambiance was exquisite and food fresh and delectable. The wait time between the courses was plentiful, but not too excessive. The Caesar salad was large and entree satisfying. I had the Chicken Cordon Bleu and my husband the Sushi grade tuna. The price was not too pricey compared to some fine dining in the area. A fabulous find that will undoubtedly be our new favorite restaurant in the area.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Yes, the interior is elegant and beautiful (formerly Irene's) with a cool bar. The wait staff is the best in the area. However, the food is not comparable to what it costs. The bread is dry and tasteless. The salad is just a small plate of iceberg. Not at all like the bread and salads I had in Italy. The entrees are very large. Many traditional items with a few other interesting selections. The pasta with crab, for example. It will be a while until I would return. I don't feel like I can order anything here that I can't make at home. I wish them well.

1  Thank slizzie

Been to Isabella? Share your experiences!