“Getting run down.” 3 of 5 stars

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Scotrun
“Getting run down.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

I cannot believe it because I really love this place, but they are really letting it show signs of wear and tear. I purposely called when I made our reservation to get a room as close to the lobby as possible and on the first floor for my elderly father...well the staff member who checked us in assured me it was close to the lobby. Well, it was not! Usually they are very accommodating of this request, but not this time. Starting to not love it as much!!

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Judy K
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Judy,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Great Wolf Lodge – Poconos! You are able to request to be in a specific area or floor during the reservation process. This is not guaranteed as rooms are not assigned until the day of arrival. By having the request on file well before the day of arrival, it will allow our Guest Services team time to try and accommodate the request as soon as possible.

We hope to have your pack back soon!

Jason
Great Wolf Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
  • Turkish first
Brielle, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Stayed here for 2 days--was a pretty nice place. Water park was crowded but that is expected this time of year. Enjoyed the outside pool area better. Had buffet breakfast there 2x -it was pretty good. employees were nice--lifeguards seems very on the ball. I was a guest of someone so don' t really know what it cost. We had a suite that sleeps 8(we were 5). I liked the outdoor balcony. If I had little kids would go here again--would be cool to go in the water park in winter.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank cbm479
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

My family and I just left the lodge and we loved it! We stayed in the kids cabin, the kids loved it! We were are able to check in early room was ready at 3! Yes it's kids food and it's a little costly. The water park was so much fun for all my kids ages 1,3,7 and 13! Can't wait to go back! It's worth the money!

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank cheriew1978
Eatontown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Had a wonderful time on Fathers Days celebrating with my entire family. The place was great. we have been going for the past 7 yrs, but never have been there during the summer months. It was wonderful to be able to use the outside facilities. The pool was wonderful. Food was good, the staff was very helpful...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Usslibertyhouse
Floral Park, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We visited Great Wolf with our kids and my mom and dad. It was a great trip for all!! Kids had a great time in the water park and there were lots of new things to do since we'd been there last. The rate was good for summer and my parents really liked being able to sit back and relax to watch the kids have fun. The quality of the food in the restaurants has improved, but a bit over priced for dinner. Intend to go back next summer!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Marlboro, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was our second time at the Great Wolf Lodge and probably our last. The rooms are average and in need of updating and the water park can use a huge renovation. The first time we were impressed with the hotel and park but this time around it was just ok. The water park was crowded and felt like it needed a good cleaning. Food was expensive as expected and we ended up getting takeout and bringing it to our room. The kids had fun and we know that this place is geared to them but for almost $500 a night you can do better.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for returning to Great Wolf Lodge – Poconos and sharing your observations with us! In September the lodge will be closing for several days to allow general maintenance to be performed throughout the resort. A part of this downtime will be focused on refurbishing parts of the waterpark so we can continue providing guests the safe and fun environment we are known for. For more information on when this closure will be taking place, you can visit us online and chat with a live Great Wolf Representative from 8am to 10pm CST.

We look forward to seeing your family again soon!

Jason
Great Wolf Guest Relations
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We go to this place every 3 - 5 months. It's absolutely worth it . When you are a repetitive customer they send you very good offers. We've gone 5 times so far. I have a 5 and 9 year old girl. They have plenty of activities. We still have not done all of them. Each room has a fridge , which is great since we bring snacks and cold cuts for fresh sandwiches, and our drinks too. I so recommend this place. By the way I myself love the slides , I become like a little girl and I go to all of them!!!!!! I'm a big kid!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scotrun
The Inn at Pocono Manor
Paradise Stream Resort
Paradise Stream Resort
#3 of 8 in Mount Pocono
3.5 of 5 stars 1,401 reviews

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!