“Great experience for kids and parents!!”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Scotrun
“Great experience for kids and parents!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was our second trip to GWL, we love it! Our children range from 4-10 years and they all enjoy it and have something for them. At night they have little things for the kids after the water park is closed. Rooms can be expensive but they are always running some deal or find a groupon. We r already booked for another trip in November, can't wait!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Scsoco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (558)
  • Turkish first
Warwick, New York
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We traveled with a 2 yo old and a 7yo. We lucked out and had beautiful weather so we were able to enjoy the outside pool area. We got the paw pass which is about $68 with tax that gave the kids little presents throughout. We only ate at the loose moose cafe which had buffet style breakfast and dinner and a la cart items for lunch. It was nothing spectacular but there was a good variety of food. Unfortunately for us the people in the room above us were running all night long. The beds in the kid cabin were adorable.

1 Thank ngaffney13
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Our family visited over the Memorial Day weekend and here are a number of thoughts:

- Definitely pricey but we likely paid a premium for the holiday weekend.
- All of our kids were 5 and under and that meant they couldn't go on about half of the rides...keep that in mind!!! This definitely weighs into the price consideration... Sure, the kids can still have a decent amount of fun in the rest of the waterpark but us adults got bored since we couldn't exactly leave our kids to go on the "big kid" rides.
- Surprisingly, the park wasn't ridiculously packed and ride waits weren't terribly unreasonable. However it was annoying that at one point there it was extremely difficult to get two-person tubes and none of the employees would put out more or get us tubes despite asking multiple times. Also, people didn't understand where rides where (poor signage) and flow/lines weren't efficient (e.g. 2 rides share the same steps but 1 ride would be empty because people waiting for the other ride blocked off the stairs => Management: if you're reading this, you need to fix these issues.) Guest with kids should try to secure these two-person tubes ASAP since you'll need them for the rides.
- We did not dine there, but the prices are probably expensive as other reviewers have mentioned.
- We stayed 1 night and that was plenty sufficient. Arrive early the day you check-in and go to the park ASAP and then you can go again the next day after checking out.
- Things were dead by 10 PM. Don't expect there to be late night activities, though most people will be there with kids anyway.
- We had a Loft Room on the 4th floor and that was nice, spacious, and decently appointed. I would agree with other reviewers that it's probably best to seek out a room on the top floor (4th).

1 Thank tigrr49
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here when lodge first opened. Quality Has deteriorated some since and I can swear some of the water features still have not been fixed for years. This is a plus bring your own food of go down the road and get food! The prices ate not worth the food you receive; junk food hit dogs hamburgers pizza oh my!!

9$ for 3 chick fingers and fries the fries I bought separately! Dinner was yucky tried to sell me 6 mini shrimps for 9$. Nachos were greasy, salmon was good though.

Best thing was no lines in water park!! Arcade has changed to requiring a card loaded with cash to play games; the games have been updated. Bowling was ok twenty tiny lanes! Room was clean second floor right on the lawn: yuck! People were pleasant no issues. Pretty quite first night but new people came on above kids jumping on floor; yeay.. Great wolf is way too expensive and value driven unless you are using a coupon.
Make sure you plan around a coupon people!!! Get a paw pass plan when you check in if you plan on using the arcade, bowling etc!! Trust me it is actually a good value!

And again bring your own food!!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Alsjka
Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with a Groupon purchase giving us a KidCabin Suite. We brought our very active 18 month old with us who had the time of his life. Very pleasant staff, the guests all seemed very respectful and the room was fantastic. We were supposed to receive a text when our room was ready but never received that...just had to inquire at the front desk. Food is a little pricey but decent quality. The bunk beds had been written all over in pen (and sometimes chiseled writing into the wall) a real shame that parents allow their children to deface the room that way. Water park was awesome and great even for a toddler! We will be returning for sure!

Stayed May 2014
Sewell, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We just stayed at GWL for one (Monday) night in May 2014. We checked in at 3pm and our room was immediately ready. There was a line for check in, but it wasn't as bad as it looked since most families were standing in line together making the line look much longer than it was. 4 girls were working the front desk at the same time to get everyone checked in asap. Also in the lobby was free face painting and chair massages.

The room was clean, but was disappointed that the complimentary toiletries were lacking and the bottles of water were an additional fee. For the price of the stay, they could have splurged on this item and made them complimentary as well. The in room wifi was extremely weak, but not that big of a deal as I was only wanting to check email before bed.

We stayed a Mon & Tues during non-peak and the pool was pretty crowded. It wasn't insanity, but I can't imagine what it's like during the weekends and peak season. We will be going back, but I'd only stay during the week considering the crowd size on a random Monday.

The pools were packed with young children, and although they had some great water slides, this resort really seems to be built for families with children under the age of 13. Our 3 year old had an absolute blast. The facilities were clean, the other guests were all really courteous and kind to each other, and the staff was very helpful. I could definitely see how a teenager would be bored after 24 hours at GWL and you'd spend $$$$$ trying to keep them occupied and busy.

We had dinner off premises to save money and that worked out perfectly. There are plenty of options within a 3 mile radius of the resort. We did get some snacks at the snack bar by the pool and, yes, they were overpriced but any resort snack bar is going to be overpriced.

We paid roughly $300 total for the 24 hours we were at the resort and felt that was extremely fair considering it's basically 2 day passes to a full service water park, plus a hotel stay. That's comparable to, if not cheaper than any of our other water park options in our area. I definitely wouldn't stay more than 1-2 nights. The resort isn't that big.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and the noise wasn't too bad. The loud booming (from jumping off b...
Great Neck, New York
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We visited Great Wolf Lodge for 2 nights on May 16th to May 18th. As with last year’s visit, we took advantage of a room sale and paid a reasonable rate for a Wolf Den Suite that included admission to the water park for the entire stay. We again had a great time and we enjoyed our experience. But…… a few small matters bothered me. At first I was annoyed with the location of the room which was located at the water park level. I had used the online check in so the room was already selected for us on arrival, when I saw the room number (1038) I realized we would not have a balcony, there was only a small patio area outside of the room with a small lawn area. After a 3 ½ hour heavy traffic bad weather drive I had lost my will to ask for a room change (my fault). The biggest surprise was when I opened the curtain and saw a brick wall. This made me wonder how the room selections for were made for people who checked in on-line. Were the people checking in at the front desk given better locations? Who knows, my kids loved the room, my wife wasn’t bothered by it and I was too tired to complain. The next item of annoyance was the missing lobby show with the animatronics. I guess it would have been nice to have an advanced warning that the entire show was out of service for repairs just to prepare the kids for the missing activity.
We all enjoyed the water park. There were plenty of friendly/helpful lifeguards.
For food we ate at the snack bar in the waterpark which was fine for the items that they had. We had dinner at the buffet restaurant once, which was enjoyable and we had a pizza pie one night which was fair. The pizza place was swamped and we had to wait for our order for over an hour. The counter person told us he would call our room when it was ready (est. time 45 minutes), but after an hour and 10 minutes I walked down and found it was ready. The clerk didn’t get a chance to call me.
All in all these were small issues, after having fun with my kids, any complaints I had really became trivial. We had a great time and we will go back again when another sale is offered.

Room Tip: Rooms on the water park level, especially 1038, might have a brick wall for a view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scotrun
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,263 reviews

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!