Great Wolf Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
Travelodge Mt. Pocono(Mount Pocono)
View Hotel
Chestnut Grove Resort(Mount Pocono)
6,038 results
All reviewswater parkmagic questall agesdance partywave poolmagiquest gamebunk bedskids lovefamily suitedinner buffetpizza placelife guardsa lot of funkids runningyear oldsolder kidsbathing suits
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 5, 2014

My family visits GWL multiple times per year and each time is excellent. We are looking forward to our next visit in three weeks and then again in September. We find GWL to be an excellent value. It costs a family of 4 almost $100 to go to a movie and purchase snacks all for an hour and a half of entertainment. At GWL you can get two days of entertainment for the price of one night! I have never had a negative experience there and have been going since it opened in 2005. I bring an additional family with us almost every time we go and they are always equally overjoyed with the GWL experience. Each and every staff member has been so helpful and accommodating to my family on each visit from a simple request for an item I forgot at home to hunting down an item no longer sold in the gift shop that I wanted to purchase. I travel with my family often and am very particular about the hotels I will stay in. The Poconos location is well maintained and the rooms I have stayed in look as good as they did when it first opened in 2005. I have had the opportunity to meet some of the management team there and they are very welcoming and take the time to listen to their guests. I am currently planning my summer vacation and we will be staying at GWL in MA because I know the accommodations will be nothing less than excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We had visited the GWL in North Carolina and had a wonderful time! So, we decided to stay at the GWL in the Poconos at the end of April. We went during the week so the price of the room was much less than a weekend stay. It was not busy in the waterpark, but that is about all I can say that was positive. We booked a Wolf Den room and we were surprised to see a large patch up covering the wall in the "wolf den motif" area. Was surprised the area was not repainted before being rented out. There was a large hole in the bathroom wall where it looked like someone had kicked it in. The ceiling of the room started to leak water into our bathroom from the floor above on the second day. Took awhile before the problem was addressed by hotel staff and housekeeping left the toilet area all wet.
The pool area was worn out looking and dirty.... The floor of the waterpark felt slime-like under your feet, like it needed a good scrub. The area by the stairways for the slides would cover your feet with dirt, so then you would have to rinse off your feet in the wave pool.
We traveled with my kids who are 12, 8 and 2. The older ones had a good time at the pool. However, my 2-year-old was left with not much to do. The website shows in the "Whooping Hollow" area a small yellow slide. The slide is actually much bigger, and we could not accompany her down the slide, nor go on the slide ourselves to catch her at the bottom! (I was able to ride the slide with her at the North Carolina one, and it was smaller.) Also, on the website, at the "Cub Paw" pool, it shows a child on a plastic water squirt rider toy. At this location, there are no toys to climb on, no squirt toys, and an open area of nothing! My husband went to the front desk to mention that it was rather misleading on the website. He was informed that the hotel area is not really affiliated with the pool area!?!
My two older kids had a good time in the pool. However, I would not return back to this GWL location.

2  Thank Erin M
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Thank you for staying at Great Wolf Lodge – Poconos and providing us with your feedback! I am sorry to hear your family had issues in your Wolf Den Suite, but I am glad our team was able to resolve your concerns.

We understand there are areas of opportunity in the waterpark, which is why we will be closed for general maintenance from 5/11-16/14. This waterpark closure will focus on refurbishing pool surfaces and general attraction upkeep to ensure our guests are provided with the safest and most fun environment possible.

I apologize if you felt mislead by the photographs in the Waterpark section of our website, but under, each attraction is a link to an Interactive Map. The Interactive Maps are unique to each location and give our guests a better understanding of the size and layout of our waterpark.

It is our hope your family will return to stay with us again soon!

Jason
Great Wolf Guest Relations

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We went during a school break for a couple days, was enjoyable. This is an absolutely great place for young children. There is pleanty to do but may be hard to get the kids out of the water.
As for the food your best bet may be the pizza, and to bring snacks for the room. I would not recommend an extended stay though. Its kind of like Vegas you'll be spent, so 2 to 3 nights at most.

2  Thank Jay W
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We had gone from a Thurs-Saturday for my son's 4th b-day. We have to sons 4 & 3. We booked our reservations on-line. We opted for the jacuzzi room, b-day package, breakfast package, and late checkout for 2pm. Although we hesitated about the price we went ahead to just experience what our friends were talking about. Was it worth the price? I don't think so but had to justify the expense as an experience for our family and that we had to try it once. We chose the jacuzzi room because the boys love to swim in the big tub. It was nicely furnished with king size bed, sleeper sofa, fridge, fireplace, microwave, and outdoor patio. We were on the first floor and noise was not a problem. Check-in was ok because trying to find a trolley for the luggage was impossible a d waiting foe the one bellman took forever. But he was definitely nice and helpful. A negative was the carpet smelled like feet in the room and lobby.
The b-day package was basically a free pizza meal and cake to pick up at our leisure. A bag was placed in the room with 4 candy bars, scrapbook album, and vouchers to make an animal, arcade credits, and the meal vouchers. We were able to personalize the cake and bring it to the dinner buffet. They placed candles on the cake and sang to my son which he enjoyed. Just know the cake is big enough for at least 8 people and it was good. Other people had b-days and the staff did provide a cupcake with a candle. Only thing was no birthday banner was placed in the room or door.
The waterpark is nice. Not cold at all. The boys loved it all especially the wavepool. The lifeguards were attentive. The staff had mock saves to keep the lifeguards on their toes which was reassuring. We spent at 12 hours at the pool during our stay and this was definitely enough for the boys. We were waiting online for the slide on the bucket drop. I looked down and there were a couple of small wormlike things swimming in the puddle. So...
The food was ok and really catered to kids. We would have dined out but was too tired to leave. Alcohol is served in the pool area and there is a bar in the back of the buffet. The thing about the buffet is that people let their kids come up and make messes of the station. At one point I saw two boys about ten throw whip cream on each other. Oh and kids under 5 eat free.
2 nights is definitely enough even one day if you arrive early. We really don't know if we would return. My kids definitely had fun but if we got a good deal then maybe. Also, its better to go during the week.

1  Thank Gina D
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I was a guest at Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos this past weekend with my 7 year old daughter. I read a whole bunch of these reviews last week and cannot express enough how unfair they are. So much so that i feel compelled to write this, my first review on TripAdvisor.

The bottom line is this - you can't possibly go through booking this trip, paying for the room, planning your getaway, etc without knowing what to expect. I simply cannot understand people writing reviews saying that it's too expensive, too crowded, terrible food, too much chlorine, there's too much noise, etc. IT'S A RESORT FOR KIDS! I mean, what do you expect? If you want a quiet getaway with your family - go someplace else. If you want to take your kids to a resort that has so much to do, so much to see, so many activities, so many wonderfully nice employees, and will provide a memorable experience for you and your children, I highly recommend Great Wolf Lodge.

Some tips:
If you DO want some quiet, i do recommend the top floor - it was certainly noisy, but again, it was expected. Regardless, the noise stopped around 11pm which is what they advertise as their quiet hours.

Get there early on your arrival date and check in online beforehand...you can check in and even if your room isn't ready you have free run of the place and can go do whatever you want, including the water park. I arrived at 11:30am Saturday, waited behind about 4 groups for about 5 minutes, and it took me about 1 minute to get my stuff and check in. They texted me around 1pm when my room was ready and i didn't even have to go back to the front desk. Very easy and efficient system.

The waterpark was at it's highest amount of people between 1 and 6. Even at it's peak on a Saturday, it didn't seem overcrowded. But if you're looking for super short lines, go early, or late.

Expect to spend money. It's pricey...but if you know going in that this is the way it is, you'll be fine - just budget for it.

There ARE decent food options.

Some have complained about the rooms/cleanliness. Of course i can only speak for myself but my room was immaculate. Zero issues here.

The bottom line is any given weekend there are going to be hundreds of kids running around this place and no, it's not cheap. As long as you understand that (as you should), you're going to love GWL almost as much as your kids.

Room Tip: Fourth floor rooms (top floor) are obviously going to be quiter than the others...there's simply nothing you can do about this. Kids stomp around. I will say it was quiet after 11pm.
1  Thank reviewer2345