Great Wolf Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
Travelodge Mt. Pocono(Mount Pocono)
View Hotel
Chestnut Grove Resort(Mount Pocono)
6,038 results
All reviewswater parkmagic questall agesdance partywave poolmagiquest gamebunk bedskids lovefamily suitedinner buffetpizza placelife guardsa lot of funkids runningyear oldsolder kidsbathing suits
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 24, 2014

This was our first visit to this location - we have been to the Great Wolf in Williamsburg, VA twice. The room prices in VA are much more reasonable.
This location has better slides, hands down. We had a great time.
VA hot tub area much better - the hot tubs in Poconos were simply warm and kids were using the one as a swimming pool.
Kid areas basically the same.
We thought the staff were friendly for the most part. The other guests also very nice. Quiet at night.
Our room was clean.
The food was not good. Stale cupcakes and rock hard cinnamon buns. My husband drove to McDonalds for take out breakfast in the morning to not eat the expensive and probably mediocre food in the hotel.
We would probably not return simply because of the price.

3  Thank Leigh424
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for staying at Great Wolf Lodge – Poconos! I am glad that your family enjoyed the waterpark at this location and all it had to offer when compared with our Williamsburg lodge. We appreciate your feedback regarding the dining options available at the Bear Paw Sweets & Eats. I will pass along this information to be discussed internally.

During busier times of the year, our Poconos location will experience higher demand. All of our rates are determined by how many rooms are available in our inventory and rates increase as we sell. However, now that you have stayed at this lodge, you will be entered into our system to receive exclusive repeat guest discounts that you can use to make a return trip more cost effective.

We hope to see your family again soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed at Great Wolf on the night of Martin Luther King Day. I thought with the holiday behind us the hotel would not be full. It was and the crowds were apparent at every turn. Checking in was a nightmare. We arrived around 3:00 and waited 40 minutes to check in. The line had over 100 people in it and even with eight people working check-in the wait was too long.
Our rooms were basically fine although a bit beat up. We had a camp suite which had a nice separate alcove with bunk beds and a TV that my 11 year old twins loved. The only major beef was that the heater (it was very cold) was quite loud when it kicked on. It didn't bother me much but would be a great inconvenience for a light sleeper.
Our biggest gripe was the long lines for the most premiere slides. In the morning, they were understaffed with only one attendant handling five slides. This made the two lines move very slowly. With the hotel at full capacity, it meant that one had to wait 30 minutes for a ride. Given the high cost of the hotel, an extra employee or two should have been deployed. We could see the green lights go off saying it was safe to use a tube but it would be several minutes before anybody could utilize the chute. It was also difficult to find a chair to place your towel and clothes. They need more.
There were complaints about the food and the prices. We didn't drink the $2.99 bottle of water in the room (the tap water in the Poconos is the best there is). We did leave the facility to eat and found a great diner and also enjoyed the brewpub by Camelback. This is the Poconos and restaurants are very reasonably priced. Don't be afraid to explore.
I went with two eleven year olds and a fourteen year old and worried that they were too old. This was not the case. They enjoyed the attractions if not the lines and had a great time. As a parent, I enjoyed all the attractions, too.
The water park at Split Rock is a nice alternative if you don't want to pay for a expensive hotel room. It is smaller with fewer tubes but does have a standing wave pool. The Kalahari resort will be opening in 2015 in nearby Pocono Summit and this will be very disruptive to Great Wolf and will force a competitive response.

1  Thank Jeff H
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you for visiting Great Wolf Lodge – Poconos! I am happy that your children enjoyed their stay, especially our themed Kid Kamp Suite. I am sorry that your stay started on a rough note with a long check-in time, but you do have the ability to arrive as early as 1pm to begin using the waterpark. When children are out of school for holidays, we recommend that our families bring a travel back to take into the waterpark with them. That way, they have a place to store a change of clothes and small valuables for when you start playing in the waterpark.

During our busier holiday periods, we are usually at capacity and can experience longer wait times in the waterpark. Since we are exclusive to our guests and do not sell day passes, we are able to help manage our wait times and make it a safe environment for families to spend their time. Our waterpark is open until 9pm most nights and attendance usually drop towards the end of the evening, between 7pm and 9pm. It is during this timeframe that you will find shorter wait times for our more popular slides. Another time is in the morning, generally from 9am to 12pm before the guests arriving for the day enter the waterpark.

We are always looking for ways that we can improve, so I will share all of your feedback to be reviewed internally.

Now that you have stayed with us, you will receive exclusive repeat guest offers directly to your inbox that you can use to make that return trip more affordable.

We look forward to seeing your family again soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Without beating up the establishment to bad, I would just say that you will pay a lot for not so much. Don't have a complaint.... because you wont find someone over the age of 25 to complain to. Honestly you can waste you money somewhere else.

2  Thank Denis S

I am very sorry that you did not have an enjoyable experience at Great Wolf Lodge – Poconos. If you would feel comfortable doing so, please e-mail me at guestrelations@greatwolf.com and I would be happy to speak with you personally about your experience.

Thank you.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

For 800 dollars a night:

*I expect WiFi to work in my hotel room as promised. Kids finally asleep; can't even check email.

* I expect the TV in the room to work. When I called, there was no maintenance man available to fix it. Finally - I decided to try to figure it out and after a bunch of time wasted - even trying to find my own batteries to put new ones in the remote...I discovered that it was UNPLUGGED.

* I expect housekeeping to pick up cereal, pretzels, and cheezits on the floor from the previous occupant.

* I expect the children's beds TO BE MADE (I had to do it.)

* I expect soap in the women's showers, easy access to towels, hairdryers and changing room doors that are not broken in the locker room in the water park. (They sell you on the notion that after 11am checkout you can use the water park for the rest of the day, but the locker room was horrific.)

* I expect a separate check-in line for those who've already checked-in ONLINE as was promised, instead of waiting with the masses in one horrific line.

* I expect to be able to hear the "Clocktower" children's show - my kids complained that they couldn't hear it - the acoustics of the main room are embarrassing.

* I expect not to wait a half hour for a seat at lunch (to pay yet more money to the hotel) because someone decided NOT TO OPEN the other tables on the other side of the buffet.

I spoke with a manager "Michael" who pretended to know very little about the WiFi problem and said it must be my device. It was not. I had a nice discussion with another mom who complained about WiFi the next morning at the table next to us at breakfast. He should have discounted our overpriced room. He did not.

BUYER BEWARE.

5  Thank NWWineGirl

Thank you for staying at Great Wolf Lodge – Poconos! I am very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet with the expectations that have been set forth for our lodge. This is not a normal stay by any means. I will be sharing this review with our team in the Poconos to be reviewed internally so we can find areas of improvement before your next stay.

Now that you have stayed with us, you will be receiving exclusive repeat guest promotional information that you can use to make your next trip more affordable.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed at Great Wolf from Friday to Sunday between Christmas and New Year's. The kids had a great time and 2 days was the perfect amount of time to spend there. I would not recommend staying longer than that. You can use the pool at 1 pm the day of checkin. We were lucky that our room was ready by 1 pm. We were two families of 4 so we got the Grizzly Bear Suite, which was perfect. There was a bedroom for each couple and 3 of the kids stayed in the living room (we brought aerobeds). There is a nice kitchenette so you can bring snacks and drinks.
One of my main concerns going into the weekend was how crowded it would be given that it was a holiday week. Despite the fact that he hotel was completely booked, the waits were not that bad (for slides 10 minutes and for meals about 20, but sometimes no wait).

Food: There is a copious breakfast buffet with every breakfast food you can think of. It was $9 per kid and a little more per adult. Not cheap but not out of control. They have a dinner buffet at the same place each night but we didn't use it. You can eat lunch there a la carte but between the breakfast buffet and the poolside snack bars, a formal lunch wasn't necessary. For dinner one night there was a takeout pizza place on the bottom floor. You order at the window and can take it up to your room. This worked out well. On another night we left the resort and went to Barley Creek Brewery, which was excellent.

Water park: Be prepared for the chlorine. Bring goggles for the kids. Some of the slides have height requirements. Overall it was fun with many options, including big and small slides, a wave pool, kiddie pools, and a hot tub. They give you wristbands when you check in so you don't have to carry any money at all. Everything just goes on the room. There are plenty of towels in the water park. There are also a few snack bars and an adult beverage bar.

Other activities: They really do a good job of providing a lot of diversions. There are scheduled shows in the lobby and scheduled activities such as bingo. There is a bowling alley, mini golf, and arcade downstairs. There is a shadow quest game for the kids a little older, kind of like a scavenger hunt type of game. We did not do the paw pass deal because I knew our kids would not utilize everything in it, but I know people that have made good use of it.

Overall it was a fun trip and I'm glad we went. One thing that I found strange was that a lot of people walked around the place and went to meals in their pajamas (not just the kids). If you're into that it's clearly accepted practice.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family