“Seems like they may go under soon.”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Scotrun
sp
“Seems like they may go under soon.”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is my second trip here. I feel like they are running out of money to keep up with repairs. Half of the little kids stuff like the water toys did not work. none worked in the kiddy pool. Important when you have little kids.

One day your 44" tall kid can ride the big slide, the next day he can't, very confusing trying to figure out what rides we can go on. there is no clear description. at first you think there is with a huge sign, that you can only see when you are getting off the rides...

Saw this on another review and I agree, The A/C units are terrible, they kick on and off cold and hot and the thing is so loud, I got about 4 hours of sleep.

Staff is extremely friendly, no complaints there

Breakfast was disgusting with the exception of the man making omelets. That dude can cook!

$2.99 for a bottle of Dasani... Need I say more about the price of food in this place?

Wouldn't complain about food as much if there was something to eat nearby. There is absolutely nothing around this place

Room Tip: Stay as far from the elevator as possible and get the bottom floor. ( Level 2 )
2 Thank jane d
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for visiting Great Wolf Lodge - Poconos! Thank you your feedback regarding the condition of portions of our waterpark. It is very important to us that guests of all ages are able to have fun in a safe and family friendly environment. That being said, we appreciate you for bringing that height restriction inconsistency to our attention.

In the New Year, the dining part of the Great Wolf Experience is getting an overhaul with an acute focus on guest satisfaction. Hopefully your next meal will meet with the same level of service our Pack member at the omelet station was able to provide.

We hope you bring your pack back soon!

Great Wolf Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (558)
  • Turkish first
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed January 13, 2014

What a blast....the kids can run wild, relax on the lazy river or zip down the tubes. Penty of life guards in asafe enviroment. Food is plenty and not expensive pool side as well as a nice dinner buffet.

Room Tip: We loved the log cabin with the bunks..
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ann m
Wallington, New Jersey
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This was my 6th stay @ GW since its opening but my first time back in 2 years. Obviously we love GW, I can deal with all the little things that most people find wrong with the room. Basically its all about the kids. But a few years back I tried the dinner buffet and swore to myself I wouldn't have it again. It was way too pricey for what it was. But I decided to try it again thinking they would have improved over the years. It was a seafood buffet that night I saw oysters, crab legs, mussels, seafood salad. So i was like sure why not. Having the plates in one location for a buffet is a bad idea.... the line basically turns into something that looks like you're in line for one of the slides. Also you would would figure, out of countless reviews about food quality they would do something to improve the quality of the food. Visually it looked good but taste wise was a different story. Crabs were bland no salt when they boiled them and the seafood salad tasted weeks old. I bit into a mussel and it basically disintegrated in my mouth, clear sign it was bad. I spit it out thinking ok maybe it was just that one and proceeded to keep eating. It just tasted off to me. The confirmation was when i took another bite from another mussel. Later that night i basically slept in the toilet, my stomach was tossing and turning. If you're going to eat there I would keep clear of the buffet for dinner, breakfast is ok.

9 Thank 0v3rkill
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for making Great Wolf Lodge - Poconos a continued family tradition! It is our goal to create unique family traditions, one family at a time.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the dinner buffet served at the Loose Moose Cottage. Our dining experience is a major focus for us in the New Year and we hope to have these concerns rectified before your next visit!

We cannot wait to see your family again for your 7th visit!

Westchester, New York
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Fun place, but only 2 nights needed to get the most out of this place. The buffet restaurant served good food. Staff in the whole facility is friendly. The rooms were mediocre, not impressive, but clean. Enjoyed walking around in our pajamas when not in our bathing suits. The only reason for less than perfect rating is because my timeshare/club membership with Disney has my standards a little high. I guess I would have appreciated more effort made in the guest rooms when you consider the price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Reina G
Bradley Beach, NJ
Reviewed January 10, 2014

STAFF: 5/5: EVERY staff member I encountered was very friendly, helpful and courteous and I feel this is their best quality!

FOOD: 2/5: A bit pricey and average quality at best. The Loose Moose Cottage buffet is OK for breakfast, but wasn't thrilled with the dinner. The rest of the "grab & go" items like pizza, hot dogs, etc... were OK at best. I would like to see a pub/cafe where you can order something off a menu and sit and relax. In fairness, you don't go there for the food.

WATER PARK: 4/5: Kids had a blast! GW Lodge should have signs directing you to different attractions in the water park and where to obtain tubes. I found it a bit confusing and had to ask several employees how to get to different areas and where to get tubes. Point deducted for this.

HVAC 3/5 You might thin I'm crazy for rating this, but I had issues with the HVAC system in our room. I set the thermostat to 68. One minute it would blow hot air then cold. The temperature fluctuations were annoying and interfered with my sleep. Additionally, the water temperature was colder than I expected and in certain areas, there was A/C blowing instead of heat especially by the cafe near the indoor water park. There was no way the water park was 84 degrees! To be fair, it was cold outside so that may have something to do with it.

FINAL RATING: 3.5 out of 5 Stars (rounded up to 4 Would I return? Possibly..

Room Tip: Ask for room close to water park @ check-in.
3 Thank Socialbutterfly732
Carlstadt, New Jersey
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We enjoyed the water park in GWL. Slides are great for kids as well as adults. The lifeguards are very vigilant. However the price is ridiculous and staff are not that helpful. Yes they are friendly (they need to be because it's a family resort), but we called room services quite a few times to no avail. Also the water park is set to 84 degrees temp. and can get really stuffy there. Plus all of us were coughing the whole time there maybe because of the chlorine. I'd give this place a 3 star rating because it is clean and the water park is fun. Side note: With this price they should at least give free breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Julie B
Thank you for visiting Great Wolf Lodge - Poconos! I am happy to hear that your family enjoyed the waterpark attractions that we offer. We strive to provide a variety of attractions to appeal to guests of all ages. Our standard is that the waterpark is 84 degrees year round to provide a warm atmosphere for our guests, especially during the winter.

We appreciate your feedback regarding Room Service and will review this internally to see where we can improve for your next visit. We are always looking for a better way to do things so that our guests get the most out of their stay.

As a valued guest, you will be receiving exclusive repeat guest discounts directly to your inbox that you can use to make that next trip more affordable.

We cannot wait to see you again!

Havre de Grace, Maryland
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We took the kids here for a New Year's Day check-in and were staying 1 night. We arrived at 3:15 and check-in was officially at 4. It took 30 minutes to get through the check-in line. We were told the room wasn't ready and that I would be texted when it was (even though by this point it was only 15 minutes prior to official check-in). No information other than the fact that we could use the waterpark was given. We went down to the pool area to change so that the kids could start using the waterpark. The changing room was a combination changing room/bathroom and it was totally filthy. After we came out, one of the workers pulled the youngest and smallest of my 4 children aside to measure him and give him a bracelet. He told me there were 2 things he wasn't able to go on due to height restrictions, but never having been there before, I had no idea what these things were. He didn't make mention of needing to measure any of the older children, but later, the second youngest of these was told she needed to have a bracelet in order for her to be allowed on a slide, so we had to take her back to get her measured. I feel my stress level would have been dramatically reduced if they gave out an informational brochure at the check-in counter! At 4:15, I hadn't received a text yet and since my husband was still fully dressed in order to unload the car, he went up to inquire. The room still wasn't ready and they had no idea when it would be made available. I got the text at 5:45. The check-in people were about the rudest I have ever encountered in a hotel. When we finally went up to the room, it was only to discover that the room that would hold 6 only had 4 towels. I had to wait nearly 40 minutes for more towels. The waterpark was merely okay, so I felt that the inconvenience wasn't worth the benefit. I don't ever see us making a return trip.

2 Thank PB12014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay at Great Wolf Lodge - Poconos! I am very sorry that your Great Wolf experience was a negative one. Please know that this is not the kind of service we expect from our Pack members and we will be reviewing this internally with our Aquatics and Guest Services teams to see what improvements we can make before your next visit. We are always looking for areas where we can improve the guest experience and take the concerns of our guests very seriously.

To help avoid those busier check-in times you can arrive as early as 1:00pm on your day of arrival. During the reservation process, you can request an Early Check-In and this will notify Guest Services and Housekeeping that getting the room earlier than 4:00pm is a high priority for you. They will do their best to ensure the room is ready for your family and will get you in as fast as they can.

We hope you will give Great Wolf Lodge another chance!

Great Wolf Guest Relations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scotrun
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,264 reviews

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!