“Nice Stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Scotrun
Newark, Delaware
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My family and I stayed here last November. We really enjoyed it, especially our 11-year old. He also really enjoyed the MagiQuest and the arcades. We reserved through Great Wolf's website and saved 15%. We stayed in a Queen sofa suite on the 1st floor, our room had a patio overlooking the back of the resort so it was really quiet (expect around bedtime, but that's expected). Our room had the standard amenities and was clean. Food was expensive at the resort but we used Yelp for some nice restaurants nearby. There is also an outlet nearby as well. Overall it was a good trip and we would most likely go back again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (564)
  • Turkish first
New York
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Based upon research I was not expecting much when we went to Great Wolf the past 2 days. We travel a lot and take our son to many activities and vacations but I have avoided this water park repeatedly. That said, I finally bit the bullet and booked one night in a Kid Cabin. I could not get a special deal such as on Groupon due to our weird time off so I paid full price. I was very happy with the location of the room....first floor, near an entrance away from lobby and elevator. Also pleased with cleanliness of the room and its appearance. My 6 year old, who has been spoiled by always staying in vacation houses and condo rentals, forgot all about being annoyed we were staying in a hotel once he saw his cabin. Stated he wanted to "live" there. Bunkbeds were the main thrill. Spacious, clean, comfortable room. The whole hotel was clean, all staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. I loved the decorating theme. Guest were much better behaved then I anticipated. I expected a lot of rudeness, city attitude and lack of manners or child watching. ( I can complain about city folk. My hubby is from Brooklyn, I am originally from Long Island and we live about 50 miles from NYC!) Still can't believe our entire stay was annoyance free. Water park was also clean and organized. Life guards very attentive. Slide and rides waits were orderly and quick. Food was what one would expect in this type of attraction. I don't understand why people seem surprised or really upset by it. We have that reaction when the food is good and cheap! Prices were not out of the ordinary. We got there around 4 pm. Quick check-in, dropped our stuff in the room and went to the park. Got a table with no issue because I think people were either leaving the resort or getting dinner. Stayed to closing. Slept soundly. Did not hear any noise. Shocking considering the amount of children in the hotel! After breakfast, hit the park again and stayed to about 7 pm. Just make sure and get a spot as soon as it opens...seating goes quickly. We really got our money's worth. About 14 hours of water park time for one nights stay. We could have got 20 if we arrived earlier. My son, who has been to 9 other indoor waterparks so far, cried every time we tried to leave. We also spent time in the arcade and the stuff an animal area where G made a pillowcase. I was very surprised by the items for sale in the kids stuff store. Very nice products. Unique and reasonably priced. Luckily I noticed the mini golf and bowling before G did and managed to turn him around. He is obsessed with both. I swear at 6 he has logged more mini golf and bowling time then most adults ( has his own bowling ball ) but I was not up to hours spent on each. Next time. Overall a very pleasant last minute break. We are all looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We have gone to Great Wolf, PA for the last 3 years. The kids have a ball! The waterpark is kept up very well, clean and lots for the kids to do. The outdoor pool is also well kept. The rest of the public areas as well as the rooms need updating and a good deep cleaning. The rooms have a musty smell--something to expect with all the water around I guess. The food in their restaurant is very good and priced fairly well. The food in the park is expensive. The cost of the rooms I felt were very high. We spend 4 days and 3 nights there, have to get 2 rooms to accomodate everyone and I spend as much for that as I do for an entire week at the jersey shore or Ocean City, MD, not including the cost of meals. I can't spend a long period of time in the pool area due to the high clorination, triggers my sinus headaches.

Larchmont, New York
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Let me say this, it was the perfect weekend getaway for my family. The kids had a blast at the waterpark! I even had time to shop at the outlets which is very close to the resort. It was a clean and safe environment. We stay the ground floor so it was quiet at night. Just make sure to bring alots of cash for food unless you eat off site because it will add up :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Pennsauken, New Jersey
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Our family visit this indoor waterpark last August. Well, kids love this place, but everything in the waterpark is expensive. we stayed at Majesty room and it was very spacious and clean. There are a lot of event for kids.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed 1 night @ GWL last winter (2012) with our kids who were aged 3.5 and 1.5 at the time. We found a deal on the internet which saved us 15%, so I'd advise the same to avoid paying full price.

The rooms were comfortable, equipped with a TV and microwave, standard stuff really. We went there for the primarily for the water park, so the rooms weren't our first priority.

My kids were too young for the Magiquest game (game where you run around the hotel with a wand and interact with various objects). You need to purchase a wand from the store and load it if you want to play.

My 3 year old really enjoyed the water park. He stuck mainly to the small slides, as he wasnt tall enough for the bigger rides. The younger child hadn't experienced an indoor water parks before, was rather intimidated by the loud crowds, so it was difficult to get him acclamated. The indoor temparature is very warm, so you don't need to worry about your kids getting cold when they leave the pool.

Would we go again? Probably, but not until the kids were a little older, so at least they could participate in the MagiQuest game.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington, USA
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We went here over the labor day weekend. We were at first very concerned if the place would be overcrowded. The place is well equipped to handle peak traffic.

Rooms : Rooms were pretty clean. We had the family room that typically hosts 4adults. About 400 squarefoot - plenty of space in general. Although we wished they had the room divided neatly as most folks we saw were sharing the room with another family. Clean sheets were provided. for the little time we spent in the room, we did not really need anything more.

Water park area : This was awesome. A couple of wild rides for adults. plenty of smaller rides for the little ones. Water was heated to room temperature .my toddler had a lot of fun.

Checkout time : They had a 11 am checkout. I wish they were able to extend it to 1 as check-in time was at 4 pm. I would have given a 5* if this was the case.

Overall, a very nice place to visit with family and friends.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scotrun
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Paradise Stream Resort
Paradise Stream Resort
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!