“"Quick family mini vacation"”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Scotrun
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“"Quick family mini vacation"”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Earlier this summer my family and I after many requests from our 2 children (11 and 14 years old) decided to spend 2 nights at GWL. The "Mini vacation" with room and food costs us approximately $800. We were actually able to get a 15% discount using our triple A membership.

Overall based on the reviews and feedback from friends, we got what we expected. A modest if somewhat overpriced room and access to the water park. I would suggest eating offsite for dinner and GWL's breakfast buffet in the morning (not bad for the price).

Our children really enjoyed the 2 days that we were there and we did as well. By the way, 2 nights is all you need.

The important thing to remember is you are going for the kids and the adults needs and comforts are secondary. If you go there with that in mind, everyone should have a good time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank FamilyTravellers882

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (564)
  • Turkish first
new york
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

This is my second time visiting GWL and I am not sure why I came back. My first review was in Feb. This time check in was fast and went very smoothly. Room was ready things were great. Room was on the fourth floor which I requested. However, the elevators are painfully slow and often crowded. Waterpark is the same. Cleaner than last time. Kids were just as obnoxious. What I find unreal is the fact you can have beers in the pool when you are "watching" your kids. Safe? Not so much. How about watching your kids and get off the ipad. Seriously, does anyone watch or care about their kids? My children are five and know their manners. They don't push, they don't cut the line, they don't eat in the pool and they say excuse me. Nobody says anything to the kids who are pushing others around. It's just not acceptable. Food is ok, expensive, but ok. Starbucks is always great. Room was spotless and perfect to sleep. I told my mother to remind me again why I dislike the place so much so I don't spend $340 to get pushed around by 10 year olds again next year. For some reason, I don't think I will really forget. Just disappointing...

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank alp
Reviewed September 4, 2013

A great place for a little get away. There isn't too much to do off property that's close by so 2 nights is really all you need. The food is on the expensive side but we found a diner right down the road for an awesome breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013
new jersey
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Spent one night there, chaos, noisy, kids running everywhere. Our ten year old girls had a blast. The rooms are definately dark. Bathroom in room dark and depressing. Food was awful at the dinner buffet, maybe a little better at breakfast buffet. Kids loved magiquest, we had to go up and down stairs about thirty times in the two hours we played it. The mini golf was cute, but very quick. Water park a lot cleaner than you would expect. The employees were all very nice. Room was nice and roomy, we had a kid camp suite with much loved bunk beds. Happy to have the fridge, saved quite a bit of money keeping my own beer and snacks in there. Wish we had brought a picnic lunch to eat by the pool, spent a lot for a few burgers and fries, a lot. Over all a good stay. Oh, and if you do not have a balcony there is no place to dry a bathing suit. Bring your own hangers to hang them in bathroom.

Room Tip: A balcony is nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank jenzoj
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just returned from Great Wolf Lodge in Scotrun, PA. Property is very nice, beautiful landscape, ample parking and quite large. We stayed for 3 nights, traveling with in-laws, through use of their timeshare exchange. Upon entering main lobby, it is quite impressive. Room was of ample space, sleeping for 7, we had 6. The room was nicely appointed, with wet bar area in room, making for a nice little space to provide breakfast or lunch each day.
Waterpark is nicely equiped and can keep kids busy for quite some time. Plenty enough to do, though tried to use outside pool area but was a bit cool that day so went back inside. There isa wave pool, keep an eye on the little ones. There are four slides for the little ones, though you may want an extra hand, having one person at the top of the slide and one at the bottom, for the little ones because you can not go down the slide with them. Plenty of lifeguards on duty to keep an eye on things, though I seen plenty of kids "running" in the park, which posts signs stating there is no running permitted. Watch yourself on the wet floors, too, as where the tiles for the depth indicators are, are quite slippery and my little granddaugther fell twice slipping on them. The lazy river is small but adequate. There is a large play area for the little kids, with pull spouts and basketball hoops, although experienced several not well mannered children, who seem to think "waiting their turn" means just grabbing something out of another child's hands (yes, lifeguards right there). The waterpark area, also, has a waterworks area with sprays, pulleys, etc. which make for fun for a little one experiencing this for the first time.Oh, forgot to mention the outside pool has ample seating there but only a few things for little ones to do, one small slide and a small spray area.
Outlets literally at your front door, gas station close by, small diner and several other area resturants close by, so if you wish to do something other than going to the water parks, you have that option. Camelback Mountain was approximately 2 miles up the road.
Overall, enjoyed stay, want to go back with additional set of hands to help with the little one but not stay as long. One or two nights sufficient. Side note, kids 3 and under eat free at the buffet. Not sure about the other resturants. Did eat at the one, don't remember the name, and food was decent.
There are a few other things to do while the kids are with you, MagicQuest, though approximately 20 bucks, will get the kid a magic wand that they can use to activate different things thoughout the lodge, magic chests, pictures, etc. There are the Paw Prints, too, which as you travel throughout the lodge, will activate and tell a story that is progressive and has you traveling through the lodge.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Charlene C
Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here with my two daughters and one of their friends ( all teenagers). The kids used the water park daily and the outdoor pool was beautiful as well. We were able to drive 10 min from the lodge to go to a horseback riding stable and we also drove a while farther to visit
Bush kill Falls. The lodge is just down the road from an outlet Mall. There are many activities for families at the lodge. The game room was lots of fun, also. It was a very nice time. I wish I would have gone there when kids were elementary age as well for they have fun things for that age range, too. We all loved it!

• Stayed July 2013
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My children loved this place. This was a great place to go a weekend during the winter. We went during February and the kids loved going ion the water riders while snow was on the ground outside. The park was cleaned the food good but nothing to rave about. We stayed in the Wolf Den and the kids enjoyed the decor. As a parent, I am glad my children enjoyed themselves but there is no reason to return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scotrun
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Paradise Stream Resort
Paradise Stream Resort
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!