“Better then I hoped for. All things considered, a nice experience.”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Scotrun
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
“Better then I hoped for. All things considered, a nice experience.”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I expect to hate it but it really was a nice experience with the kids. service was better then I expected and they really seem set up for parents aswell as kids. room was great and service was very good. Well thought out and executed concept.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (567)
  • Turkish first
Wyckoff, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We checked into a wolf den room with my niece and her friend for a birthday weekend. It was disgusting and many broken items from a sink drain that doesn't close, an ac unit that is so loud sleep is not possible to a broken bed and blankets with holes the size of my fist. I though 'ok lets try the water park..after all it is about the kids... Another disappointment. My niece hurt her foot jumping in the pool and none of the zombie like life guards lifted a finger to assist us. Other kids had to help the limping girl over to where we were sitting. Everything around the resort is also either out of order or out of stock. No fruit deliveries.... Broken concession machines. In short, I wouldn't waste your money. The water park at our local beach community is better equipped and well run and doesn't cost us $400++ a night for run down accommodations and a lack of service and attention to detail that leaves me wondering how long this place will actually stay in business

Room Tip: Do not stay on second floor where restaurants are. The rooms and halls constantly smelled of bad foo...
3 Thank Christina R
Uncasville, Connecticut
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Another terrific trip to the Great Wolf Lodge. We spent 4 nights this time, which I worried would be too long for my 9 year old, but we could barely peel him away the last day. This time, we rented a standard family room with a fireplace. With 2 queen beds and a comfortable pull out couch, it was a great option. Last time, we stayed in one of the special kids' rooms, but the bunk beds weren't comfortable for my tall son. Just a hint, the poolside rooms are really pretty in the summer. With only one exception, the staff were extremely courteous and helpful, and the one exception wasn't even that bad (just glaring when compared to her more congenial colleagues). My favorite moment was when we rented one of the poolside cabananas on an especially gorgeous Saturday. When I got up to get a drink at the nearby bar, the waitress ran over to take my order, telling me, "your job is to relax, mine is to get you anything you need." NIRVANA :-) We never left the lodge. My husband greatly enjoyed the buffet, and my son devoured pizza whenever he could. In comparison to other waterpark resorts, we found the food to be very reasonably priced. Overall, we found the place to be clean, and the waterpark and pool lifeguards to be very vigilant. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: I would highly recommend pool-side rooms, especially in the warmer months.
1 Thank MrsC25098
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The lodge is really nice with fun things to do for small children. The water park is great for them to run around the whole day. They have fun family water rides that you can do together, but it gets boring for adults and older kids after a couple of rounds. The rooms are nice even if they have a slightly older feel, but beds were fine to sleep in and the fridge and microwave worked just fine. All in all its fun for a day or two, but wouldn't stay longer.

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Great Wolf Lodge is always great and never a disappointment. About to go for the 3rd time in a few days! Water park is a great place to visit. The activities are nearly endless. The breakfast buffet is just amazing. Be sure to get there early,or it will be very stuffed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brockville
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We just came back from GWL and it was enjoyable. We spent 2 full days at the park and the kids did all the rides dozens of times. The room was ok a little old looking( time to upgrade). The earwigs were the biggest problem as this freaked out my wife. The beds were comfortable and fridge kept things cold.

We only ate at the GWL for lunch as the rest of the time we seeked out some local places.

One thing I would recommend to GWL is put some signs up going north on 611 as you are on top of the driveway before you know it without warning.

Would we go back? Of course....I just wish the pricing would be a tad lower.

Port Ewen
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Visited Great Wolf for the second time. We love the family atmosphere, shows, waterpark and service at the lodge. Although it is extremely pricey, it is a safe place for kids to have fun and for parents to relax. We visited with a 13 year old girl, twelve year old girl and a 8 year old girl. They loved it, however we did not do all the "extras" such as the spa, and quest because it was way to expensive.

Room Tip: We had a standard room which was great and had just enough privacy for the kids to enjoy themselves.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scotrun
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!