“A Lot Of Fun In One Place, But It Will Cost You” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Scotrun
New Hope, Pennsylvania
“A Lot Of Fun In One Place, But It Will Cost You”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have stayed at Great Wolf Lodge in the Pococnos twice now. The rooms have been very clean. There is a lot to do under one roof, but it is very expensive...Make sure you look for coupon codes when booking! Also, we had a bad experience on our second stay, we were booked next to one of the Magiquest attractions.We woke up early EVERY morning to an annoying little voice. We had mentioned it in a survey and the hotel promised us an upgrade the next time we stayed, but never came through. Make sure you know where your room is located!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (546)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

My family and I have been to Great Wolf Lodge a couple of times and will return in the future. It is a little pricey but I feel that you pay for what you get. The location is beautiful, the rooms are clean and the water park is clean. My boys always have a blast and I love the atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2012
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great place to stay with kids. Rooms are excellent size but Over priced and filthy. The bathrooms smell, water park was disgusting at the end of the day dirty diapers everywhere even in the pool.
No towels. Magic quest was excellent!!! Love the fact that it gives the kids something to do after the water park has closed. Enjoyed the extra activities during the course of the day. As for the food it was ok but again over priced especially considering the quality of it.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Tonylive
Lock Haven, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was our second trip. We had a fabulous time in 2011, so my son requested to go here for his 7th birthday in July of 2012 instead of having a party. We were excited to go. We had been raving about this place for a year. It was the most horrific vacation ever and even more horrific is the fact that I spent almost $3000 while I was there.

I have contacted the company via their website 4 separate times. I received confirmation that my messages went, but never received a reply. I also answered the survey they sent me, and requested a follow up call. Over 3 months later, I have never heard a thing. I guess this shouldn't surprise me since no one seemed to care while we were there either.

Here is the run down:
We stayed in a cabin room, not their cheapest room. The fridge was broken, the remote was broken, the coffee pot was broken, and the arm was broken off the couch in our room. The bathroom was covered in mold, long hair, pubic hair, the shower curtain had a large tear, and there was a terrible stench that never went away. All of this was reported, and we wasted the first day of our stay waiting for people to come to take care of the problems that never came. Housekeeping did come and wipe most of the hairs from the bathroom, but that was it. In an effort to salvage what I could for my son and family, I gave up.

That night, I received a bite from something in the bed that caused my arm to swell and itch. Two months later I still had a large lump and mark that just wouldn't go away at the site of the bite.

On our last day we got glitter tattoos. A unicorn with no horn, a butterfly with one wing, and a dragon missing a tail and a leg. When I said something she informed me that it was due to the cheap stencils. Too bad the tattoos weren't cheap, and this girl put her hand out. As she did, she proceeded to knock three pots of glitter down the front of me. Apology? Are you kidding....not a chance.

It is obvious no one cares if something isn't right at this place, and now I see why. Corporate doesn't care either. They have gotten approximately $6000 from me in a years time, and we were going to make this a yearly stay. Not now.

I understand things happen. An apology and an attempt at correcting things goes a long way. Indifference not so much. We stayed in room 3080 from 7/14/2012 to 7/17/2012. My guest number is 18714420.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Kelly T
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Due to the current weather forecasts we determined that we should cancel our reservations for a first time visit to great wolf lodge After holding for 20 minutes a very nice operator agreed to cancel the reservations but indicated that there would be a $30.00 processing fee even though we were within the 72 hour window. She proceeded to tell me that once a reservation is made, there is always a processing fee if you cancel at any time --even if it is 10 minutes after making it. Although after asking to talk with a supervisor she waived the processing fee, I felt obligated to let others know that regardless of when you cancel a reservation here it is going to cost you $30 for even considering going to great wolf lodge.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Familytraveler200776
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Not a cheap place but cost is justified for the large rooms, water part, and good condition of the place. Food at the buffet restaurant is not good though, and it is expensive (especially for people like me with kids that don't eat much). But the overall experience is very good. Kids love the water park, magic quest, and general kid centric atmosphere of the place, and in the end that makes it a fun trip for us every time we go (we have been several times already.) We usually get the rooms with the bunk beds, kids love their own space (and so do we!).

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pedz55
Neversink, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We've taken the kids to GWL several years near Christmas to celebrate my daughter's December 9th birthday. The hotel is very clean and warm. The holiday decorations are elaborate and AMAZING. The waterpark is nice (but very chloriney, which I guess is a good thing!). I especially like to visit in the winter when the kids find the waterpark a fun treat and the holiday spirit is awesome.

Room Tip: Choose what suits you best - they are all convenient, nice rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NYDiverAmy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scotrun
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,230 reviews

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!