“Quaint Restaurant, Excellent Food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Nutty Pear
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Casual Fine Dining, patio seating, catering on premise or off premise. Late nite settings. Bring your own wine accepted. Corkage fee.
Pottsville, PA
“Quaint Restaurant, Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

The Nutty Pear is a quaint building from the late 1700's sitting on a quiet back road outside of Schuylkill Haven , PA. The building might be old, but it's fun to look around and see the past mixed with the present. Patti, the owner and chef, offers the most delightful meals. There are still so many items on the menu I'd like to try, but I get stuck on the few I've already had and keep ordering them, because they are so outstanding. I should go there at least three days a week, so I could try everything that looks good to me. Give The Nutty Pear a try. You won't be disappointed. FYI! They do not accept credit cards.

• Visited June 2014
5 Thank blb48

Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Why is this place still open what a dive!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

This is a really strange restaurant i am surprised it is still in business. The food is not that good and i can tell the cook does not really know what she/he is doing. Way overpriced for the low quality. I can also see through the owner who is very phony. I think it's time to close up shop and move along and find a new venture. The nutty pear days are long over!

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TheTruth77777
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
“Good but could be better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is my second review and the second New Year's Eve dinner at this restaurant. We went with a few other couples. Nice atmosphere as usual. The French Onion Soup is still the best I have ever had. I ordered the Filet Marsala. It came with a wine sauce and mushrooms and white rice. The steak was prepared as ordered but it had little taste and had no au jus. It was a bit pricey for just a steak and rice at $32. The dessert was a very small slice of Apple Bavarian Cheesecake. Which was good but expensive and only a sliver. The other people at our table enjoyed their meals. The waiter could have been more knowledgeable in what was on the menu. At the end of the meal after we had paid our check, not even five minutes went by and we were asked to move to the bar because they wanted to get the table ready for the next guests. I understand because it is such a small place and a busy night. . . but at the same time you shouldn't be asking guests that almost dropped $500.00 on a meal to pretty much leave as soon as they were done. We may return for a drink and soup but not sure when we'll return for entrees. Overall, the atmosphere is great (cozy country), the service is average and the food is good but it could have been better. . . especially since it has been better in the past. Take cash with you because they do not accept credit or debit cards.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Momm Z
Cockeysville, Maryland
“A wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

This charming restaurant is off the beaten path
and offers a wonderful dining experience. The food
is delicious and the atmosphere is warm and charming
I would highly recommend The Nutty Pear to anyone
who enjoys fine dining and gourmet food. It is the best..

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Mary A
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
“So. completely disappointed in this place.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I made a reservation and took my wife there for her 50th birthday. We waited about 10 minutes for someone to Seat us at which time a not so friendly waiter told us he would bring us silverware. 50 minutes later we had no silverware or water on our table.. In fact no wait staff had come to our table at all. A large party was going on in the same room we were seated in and it was so loud we could not hear each other speak.. The restaurant was full and only two waitstaff were waiting tables. So after being completely ignored for almost an hour, obviously we left!

• Visited October 2013