“Best in the Valley”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Sayre
Columbia, MD
“Best in the Valley”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at every hotel and B&B in "the valley", and Comfort Inn and Suites is well above all of the others in all categories. All of the staff are excellent hosts. The rooms are spotless and furnishings are well kept. It is a quiet hotel. The breakfast selection is good, and always well-stocked. Fresh hot coffee and tea are available at all hours. I cannot think of a single area where this hotel did not meet or exceed my expectations.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Gina G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Jim,

I am beyond happy that you enjoyed your time here at our hotel and that you think so highly of us, thank you for all of the kind words. Please come see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Mills, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Our family was in the midst of a busy weekend when we booked our room with the Comfort Inn. Convenient location, close to shopping and restaurants. We called ahead and were greeted on the phone by friendly staff, and reserved our room. It was late when we finally arrived but had no trouble finding the location from I-86. We checked in and were surprised by the level of comfort of our room! We appreciated the oversized tile shower--and a beautiful glass shower door instead of the traditional confining curtain! The beds were amazingly comfortable, had a dip in their clean pool in the morning, and breakfast was a real treat! We plan to stay at this location whenever our travels take us to the area. We had a chance to meet the manager, who was very professional and obviously took a lot of pride in the property.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, which is generally our preference. But we also enjoyed the outdoor d...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Zeeke,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I agree that the showers and breakfast are both amazing. It was a great pleasure of ours to meet yourself, Connie and your daughter. Please come back and see us again soon.
Sayre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We were impressed with the comfort, cleanliness, and the friendliness of the staff. We highly recommend this Comfort Inn & Suites and plan to stay again in the future. Every Wednesday, the owner's provide a special "Thank You" party for the customers which was great! Again, this stay far exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Vince and Nancy,

We are so honored that you chose to stay at our hotel while visiting with your family in the area! I hope you had a safe trip home and that we see you again very soon!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I visited the area for work and It is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. The staff is extremely friendly and the hotel bed is one of the most of comfortable ever! I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area. They even have a managers reception if your there on a Wednesday night!

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Shawn,

Thank you for all of your kind comments. We are so glad that you chose to stay here with us while you were in Sayre working. We miss you already and look forward to seeing you and your family when you come back to use all of the ChoicePrivilege Points you earned!!!
Bayside NY
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed at hotel on the labor day weekend, Aug 31~ Sep2.
I had a little difficult to find the hotel first with the navigator's confused direction working, but when I arrived the Hotel, the staff meet us very kindly.
Especially the Manager Gina was very kind and nice !

The facilities of room was awesome. the carpet in the hallway was my favorite.
The breakfast was very nice. The hallway was very clean. The staff was very kind. The food was excellent.

I went to watkins Glen Gorge and Pennsylvania Grand Canyon.

I really enjoyed it.

If I have the chance to visit this area again, I will be there again.
Many thanks for the staffs!!

Room Tip: Be sure to confirm the right navigator's address
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for all of your kind words! We enojoyed having you stay here with us and hope to see you again next summer!
Saint John, Indiana
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was a very new hotel from ground up opening on april 27th 2013. we were in room 327 and the smell was great. the bathroom was awesome. the carpet in the hallway was my favorite. oh and don`t even get me started on that foam pool. normally im in a pool for 1 hour. i was in this one for 2 in half hours. they told us that they switched to salt and thats why it foams. and we were there for a bbq. that was amazing. dinner i`d reccomend beemans. its delicious.

Room Tip: Third or second floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gina G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Cameron M,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Comfort Inn & Suites. I agree that the pool is a great amenity at the hotel, and that you also were able to join us for our Weekly Wednesday Night Manager's Reception. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again very soon!
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We are a bit confused by this hotel. We stayed here twice. The first time we noticed that the toilets were extremely low. The hotel was brand new so the smell of "newness" was very pungent. The breakfast choices were little with no coffee available!!!! The staff, however, could not have been nicer! However, upon checking out, we noticed that they had charged the original method of payment rather than the one we changed to upon arrival. Turns out they charged both! Took days to remedy.

On the second trip, we notified desk upon arrival that we would only be staying one day. When checking out, we were charged for three days! Took 4 days to remedy.

How to deal with credit cards and reservations should have been the first things the front desk learns. My husband walked out a few minutes before me when I passed by the front desk, the housekeeping and front desk staff were all talking about how to correct the error to our card. When I asked what the problem was they all looked embarrassed any said that everything was under control.

The room, however, was much nicer this time! The "newness" smell is beginning to subside, so will be a pleasant experience once they get the "front desk thing" under control.

Room Tip: If you have any arthritic or health problems, ask for a handicapped room. Toilets are very low!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank oneonta1
Dear Oneonta,

I am very sorry to hear that you were less than satisfied with our hotel. Our main goal is to make sure that we exceed each and every one of our guests expectations. I have shared your very valueable feedback with the entire team and we are working to correct the issues. On behalf of myself and my entire team here are the Comfort Inn & Suites thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Sayre!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sayre
Best Western Grand Victorian Inn
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in Apalachin
Holiday Inn Express Owego

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!