“I waited all day for a nice Italian dinner...”
Review of Yanuzzi's Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2013

was here a couple years ago,knew the place was generations old but wasn't impressed then so i thought i'd give it another shot. i'll try to be balanced,but it won't come across that way.the wine was reasonable at 4 bucks a glass,but i noticed the glass was like 90% the size of a usual wine glass.now i know that seems picky,but it has relevance as you keep reading.
the service was adequate. no qualms there. the entree prices themselves seem somewhat reasonable,but they should because things are mostly ala carte ,other "side" prices i noticed,like a dinner salad ($1.75),blue cheese ($1.50 extra!),2 meatballs ($2.95) seemed all over the place,so besides the homemade spaghetti i ordered that included 2 meatballs for a reasonable $7.95 i believe,i opted to ala carte my way out of things by ordering one piece of sausage and an individual antipasto for ~$4.75 instead of a dinner salad for $1.75 plus $1.50 for the blue cheese.
hey,i'm a bigger guy that was starving for a good pasta dinner!
so i get the 2 thin slices of bread,one with the oily paint brush garlic spread like the other reviewer remarked about,which should have been a hint right there to cut and run,but "my" 4 dollar something antipasto arrived on like a coffee saucer sized plate! it had celery sticks and sliced carrots and peppers with like a tablespoon full of sliced olives on top with a couple pieces of pepperoni and a small slice of cheese buried underneath covered in dressing.not very impressive or tasty.i kept ordering bread which tasted fair,and kept eating it because they kept bringing it,lol.much to my anticipation my homemade spaghetti arrived! it wasn't spaghetti however it was linguini,but i didn't say anything.the portion was healthly,again the plate was smaller,the macaroni was a bit mushy.the meatballs were a decent size,but burnt.i realize some people do like them this way.the sauce,oh the sauce,it was sour.just disgusting to me.look,this is an Italian place,the sauce is the foundation of any italian joint right? i eat everywhere,anything,all the time,24/7,the last time i didn't finish my plate was over 50 years ago when i had chicken pox! it was just a huge disappointment to me once again.i left the food and tipped my waitress out,took off to Sopranos Market and ate some homemade bread with pepperoni on the ride home.

3  Thank William C
There are newer reviews for Yanuzzi's Restaurant

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Yanuzzi's is an established restaurant in the area being handed down from generation after generation. Always terrific food whether you want Italian or American food. Their filets are the best in town! Wonderful food!

1  Thank bhornung
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The place was very nice, clean. The host and erver were very cordial and accommodating. The food was excellent and great portions. Would definitely eat there again.

1  Thank ollie854
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This restaurant has a limited menu, but the filet is very good. They actually push pieces of garlic into the meat. I like this restaurant for sentimental reasons. My husband proposed to me there. But it does have a "godfather" feel that is kinda like walking back in time. They play alot of Sinatra music for atmosphere

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I went to Yanuzzi's based on a recommendation by a local. Maybe I got them on a bad day.... There is no signage saying seat yourself or wait to be seated, so I sat down at the first table I saw. The staff came over and said "what do you want?", I asked for a menu and was told "you can't sit here." Shrug. My $25.00 steak was flavorless. I ordered it medium and was served rare. No drink refill.

5  Thank missbizzle