“Reminds me of The Godfather”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This restaurant has a limited menu, but the filet is very good. They actually push pieces of garlic into the meat. I like this restaurant for sentimental reasons. My husband proposed to me there. But it does have a "godfather" feel that is kinda like walking back in time. They play alot of Sinatra music for atmosphere

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I went to Yanuzzi's based on a recommendation by a local. Maybe I got them on a bad day.... There is no signage saying seat yourself or wait to be seated, so I sat down at the first table I saw. The staff came over and said "what do you want?", I asked for a menu and was told "you can't sit here." Shrug. My $25.00 steak was flavorless. I ordered it medium and was served rare. No drink refill.

5  Thank missbizzle
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We decided to go here on our way back from Elmira. I checked the reviews and found they were mixed so I figured, what the heck, I'll give it a shot. Upon entering, we found the restaurant to be poorly lit and resembled ( and smelled) like someone's basement. The floors were crooked and it made the tables all lean to one side. There were about 20 other people in there, not bad for a Monday night. Our waitress took our order and disappeared for about 30 minutes. We ordered the calamari appetizer and when it came out there were about 20 small rings of calamari on the plate. Not homemade by any means but it wasn't very good either. The salad came and it was just lettuce on the plate with dressing on top. The garlic toast was white bread sliced with garlic salt on it. The edges were burnt too. We received our food about 20 min later. We ordered lasagna and chicken Parmesan. The lasagna was ice cold in the middle and tasted like it was microwaved. The chicken parm tasted like the grease in the pan was old and the chicken was very chewy like it also had been microwaved! The mozzarella on top was still in its shredded form and cold! The homemade pasta tasted suspiciously store bought to me. The sauce was good, but not worth me going back for. I won't be returning here.. And I can't recommend it.

4  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is one of our favorite restaurants in the area! Wonderful Italian food and the BEST filets in the area! Absolutely delicious! You'll enjoy the food!

1  Thank bhornung
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We just had a nice, long dinner at Yanuzzi's with family and friends. We had a new waitress who was friendly and willing to learn the drink menu for us. The food is good, as most Italian food is in the Valley, and the owners are friendly.

1  Thank michlamb2001

Been to Yanuzzi's Restaurant? Share your experiences!