“A quaint country inn!”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“A quaint country inn!”
Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

One of our families davorite places. Not a new, flashy chain or a greasy spoon diner. Home cooked food, serves liquor, quick, friendly, and close to the highway. Worth a stop!

2 Thank BethlehemPaUSA

“Worst of the worst”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

The only thing worse then terrible service from arrogant servers and manager is their food. Steer far away from this place. It's a shame, because 20 years ago this place was the best. Now they are the worst. Save your money and go elsewhere.

4 Thank poconohick
“Never again.”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Service was slow. The food was worse. Stuffed flounder was so over cooked you couldn't cut it. And the tarter sauce that was served with it, was yellow, the way mayonnaise gets when it's been left out. Yet the host/ manager said the flounder was fine, and they will all be the same. A glimpse into the kitchen, made me wish we never went in to eat!!

3 Thank Bebopp25
Santa Monica, CA
“Generous portions”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Friendly service, generous portions, and inexpensive. Usually these three items would rate Excellent for any restaurant for me. The food itself was average, and the strawberry shortcake (their specialty) was stale. But given the almost historic setting, the food felt appropriate.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Campmike
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“It is so horrible words fail to describe the true disgust!”
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I normally never write bad reviews, for I'd rather spend my time guiding readers to great restaurants. However, this experience has caused me to break my normal reviewing patterns.
Went with a group of relatives to celebrate a birthday. Probably the reason the individual chose this restaurant is for the price. It is cheap and appeals to the senior crowd, who have no taste buds. My son ordered ham, which as he described was like eating shoe leather. I ordered salmon which when it finally arrived had the texture of a pink rubber eraser, I figure it had to have been in the oven for 60 minutes or longer. I could not eat the meal. Another member of our party ordered scallops. They actually cut the scallops in half , I am assuming to save cost and give the appearance of more. So you had thin round discs sitting on top of some type of starch. It was actually quite comical, if the scallops were edible. Again they were rubbery and bland.
Now lets talk about the beverages. My older son ordered a belgium bottle of beer from the bar, the expiration date on the bottle was over a year old.
To top the evening off my husband ordered coffee to go with the birthday cake which was brought to the restaurant. The coffee arrived with a " stink bug" floating in the middle of the cup. So I have to say, the drinks and food were both equally disgusting!
It amazes me that this restaurant is still in business. Although the 75 + crowd seemed not to mind the inferior food and dirty atmosphere. Then again, they have limited taste buds and poor vision. God help them, they would be better off eating at McDonald's. If you are under 75 years of age, I DO NOT recommend this restaurant. If you are over 75 years of age and have good vision and can still taste the flavor in your food, i DO NOT recommend this restaurant. Try the Stone Inn down the road. Clean and great tasting food. .

• Visited April 2011