“Restaurant Managers are rude and won't honor valid gift certificates”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Peters
Inn at St. Peter's Village
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saint Peters
Reviewed July 4, 2010

I have trouble even giving this place 1 star.

Its a cute town, with a romantic backdrop of trees and old time village feel, but the service is horrendous, so much so that I will NEVER go back (and I've eaten here in the past - the food is ok).

My cousins and I were out for a hike - all of us live with in a 45 minutes of here and grew up hiking in this area. We figured we would turn it into a nice afternoon and get lunch here as well. My cousin purchased a gift certificate from http://restaurants.com since it was available for st. peter's inn.

We arrived there - ordered drinks, and promptly told our waitress that we had the gift certificate, and she told us she didn't think they took them any more. She got her manager over, and he was the RUDEST manager of a restaurant I have ever encountered. He obviously stereotyped us that since we were in our late twenties and hiking we might not even purchase much food, so the first few words out of his mouth were "o good you haven't ordered yet". Really sir? Good start.

He then proceeded to yell at us because we bought the gift certificate, and went into detail on his problems with http://restaurant.com and how they won't take his name off of their list, and that he will NOT honor any gift certificates from there. He treated us as if this were our fault and basically kicked us out.

Now, he could have done several things to make this situation work for everyone:
a. could have just offered us a smaller discount on the food $10 instead of $25 for example.
b. could ahve said he couldn't honor it this time, but would be willing to give us a $10 voucher for our next meal.
c. could have just thrown in a free app or something instead.

But no, he yelled at us in front of all of the clientele already at the restaurant. He treated us as if we were 14 years with no money, when in reality, each of us easily would have spent at least $40 each on food and drinks, and would be willing to come back on more than one occasion. He should have just honored the gift certificate or offered some different discount and taken up his battle with http://restaurant.com instead.

Worst experience at any restaurant. Food is nothing special, and terrible service.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank beanke96

Reviewed June 19, 2010

Visited establishment multiple times - to hear/see musical performances.

Bad points - Initially ignored by serving staff, and when service finally offered service VERY slow. Food and beverages only average quality and prices quite high. Last visit server tried to keep change owed when bill was paid - would have resulted in a >50% tip.

Good point - not crowded, tables and chairs clean.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 15, 2009

I was concerned with the negative reviews of the restaurant service, and I know the property has had some turnover in management/ownership in the past couple of years. But we decided to go and judge for ourselves since we've been wanting to go for a long time. I have to say, it was one of the best dining experiences I've had, I'm not kidding. We had impeccable service from the bartender, as we had a drink in the Fox Bar before dinner. We also had impeccable service from our server. Dinner was served on beautiful dishware, large portions, and perfectly prepared. There was a wedding reception going on downstairs, and we couldn't hear any of it in the dining room or bar. I have to say, we dine out often, and I'm so happy that our experience was so pleasant. If you went once and left unhappy, I encourage you to try again. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2009

We decided to check out the Inn at St. Peter's. We love going to the village and do it often...but the prices of the Inn always kept us from trying it. We thought we'd splurge for a special treat. Unfortunately, we stood in the lobby and waited to be seated...although we saw a few wait staff walking back and forth (all of which made eye contact with us)...no one ever at came out to seat us. We waited for awhile then walked out. This probably happened to several others considering the fact that although there were several tables in the dining room there was only one party seated...at 6:00 on a Saturday night...We should've went to Applebee's. Thumbs down...WAY down.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Newrog1
Reviewed September 17, 2009

Don't stay here if you expect to be charged the advertised rates. This inn has neglected to respond to my REPEATED requests to correct an overcharge on my credit card. They advertised "Special Weekday Rates on a B&B stay Sunday through Thursday $50 off", I called to confirm this rate prior to reserving, but I was charged the full rate upon checkout. I assumed this was an oversight, but they have not responded to my repeated requests via phone and email. DON'T SUPPORT BUSINESSES, even small ones, THAT TREAT CUSTOMERS THIS WAY. Also, the wireless connection is poor and only worked one of my two nights at the inn. Very disappointing.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank peacedalegirl
Reviewed July 12, 2009

We had a delightful time at our one day stay, There were several weeks when the Inn did not have a general manager but that has changed. Service was excellent, attentive and the food delicious. We will be back often and, we live in Chester Springs, PA. We will visit for Saturday night dinners.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2009

Our family stayed in four rooms and each was a delight. The rooms were all individual, and they were GREAT! The beds and linens and baths were just wonderful and we all slept to the sounds of rushing water (waterfalls, the gorge) and ate breakfast in view of those. Deb Hill, the manager, really made every effort to insure our happiness. Both friendly and unobtrusive. We ate breakfast while gazing at lovely views as well. The Bakery next door had wonderful pastries (part of the breakfast, along with granola and fruit and yogurt) and bread and sandwiches. The restaurant looked lovely, and the bar (outdoor and indoor) had very good casual fare. You really need a car, as many of the nearby walkable shops aren't rented and I would hope that the owners of the village would make more of an effort to have the small shops open with sort of fun stuff. Amish country and lots of railway 'stuff' nearby, so there is much to do nearby. We all came from fairly far away, but would make the trip again just to stay and eat here and travel around the area.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#1 of 1 in Douglassville

Been to Inn at St. Peter's Village? Share your experiences!