“St. Peters Bakery”

Saint Peters Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Saint Peters
Cuisines: American
Description: this is a sweet bakery cafe in an old SE PA village, that was once a company town housing miners and granite quarry workers. Bakery cafe is in the old general store. Adorable and tasty!
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I always make a point of going to St. Peters whenever I get back home to PA. This little cafe has become one of our favorite places to eat in the area. Their food is always freshly made and any of their baked goods are excellent. They have a nice balcony on the back that overlooks the rocks and you will probably hear the waterfall, too.

1  Thank blooknup

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Great cup of coffee, excellent pastries, amazing view. I had the maple bourbon pecan pie and it was delicious. My daughter had a chocolate peanut butter torte and it was equally good.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

It was wonderful to find this place in a rural village in Chester County, Pa., near some historic sites I was visiting. I asked a staff person at the Hopewell Furnace National Historic Site where I could get some lunch and she directed me to St. Peter's village on French Creek, apparently famous for its water-filled abandoned quarry hole, which has its own paved parking lot. Anyway, I was looking for the sandwich shop she had mentioned and found this bakery that also makes sandwiches. The first thing you see when you walk in is a glass case filled with the most beautiful pastries and cookies, and happily, a chalkboard listing of sandwiches for this hungry camper. I ordered the "Pilgrim," with sliced turkey, cranberry sauce, and lettuce, tomato etc., on their bakery-made walnut/cranberry bread. It was fabulous. And I didn't know I was going to get, with the sandwich, a side of fresh field greens and sliced carrotts - a nice surprise. The iced tea, unsweetened was good too. This was a Saturday and the place was busy, but I got my sandwich in 10 minutes and enjoyed the happy people coming and going. Nice lunch, and afterward a bit of antique shopping, even some old books, my favorite thing, a few doors up. Nice place to visit.

2  Thank Deborah B
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Love driving to this cute little town, to hike/walk on the rocks, and in the summer wade through the creek. BUT we all LOVE Friday Night's there for the pizza...inside/outside depending on the weather. Pizza is AMAZING!!! Reasonably priced also! BYOB. Also purchased their Chocolate Mousse Brownie Cheesecake to bring for Easter Dessert...DIVINE!

4  Thank ninibeans1027
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Best pastries ever! Like a 5* bakery in New York or Philadelphia.
Wonderful ambiance as well. Delicious gourmet sandwiches, quiche and salad,etc. Homemade gourmet pizza and entertainment on Friday eve. Bring wine.

1  Thank Susiejean47