“Best hotel in the area”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Saint Marys
Frederick, Maryland
“Best hotel in the area”
Reviewed October 6, 2009

The hotel was in a great location and accommodated my family very well. They allowed us to have rooms near each other (a lot of family was staying here because we were in town for a wedding). There was another wedding party at the hotel while we were there who became very rowdy and drunk but the staff took care of the problem very well and after one complaint we had no more. It was clean, the rooms were nice, and the staff was friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank MoonliteMaven

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Harrisburg, PA
Reviewed September 23, 2009

We stayed here for two nights on a trip to see the elk. Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast included more than the usual pastries and danish - they had those plus hot and cold cereals, hard boiled eggs and make-your-own waffles. We are planning another trip to the area this fall and will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Middletown, VA
Reviewed August 4, 2008

Very comfortable hotel room! Great pool! Great value!

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Pittsburgh
Reviewed July 30, 2008

I’m not sure about the other reviews, but after staying here the better part of three weeks on business, I have to say that lots of little things have led me to believe that any cleaning done is superficial so as to give the impression that it was done, when it really wasn’t. In fact, the name “Executive Inn” makes me laugh as there is nothing executive about this place. My first week, on the third day I stayed, I went to make coffee and found old grounds in the top and coffee still in the pot. This room should have been cleaned at least twice while I was there and no one noticed this coffee left in a pot from days before I checked in? During my second week I returned to my room to find that though the maid had apparently been there, my old towels were still hanging on the back of the bathroom door. These were not big items, but enough to make me wonder just how much cleaning was done. At this point I would have moved to the Comfort Inn, down the road, but couldn’t get a full weeks reservation. On my third week, after checking in, I lifted the toilet seat to find a piece of hair on the front of it. Wonder if the toilet had been “sanitized for my protection?” I also noticed a wadded up tissue behind the wastebasket in the bathroom. How was the floor cleaned and this not noticed? On my second day of that week I pulled the last tissue from the box and there was not another box to replace it. On the third day of that week I returned in late afternoon to find the bathroom light on, the old towels and bathmat gone, but no cleaning had been done anywhere in the room nor the towels and bathmat replaced with clean ones. The bed was not made but someone had placed the little sign on it that states you don’t want the sheets replaced. I did not place the sing there, it had been on the unused bed in the room. So, as I stated above, I can not ensure the proper cleaning has been done in this place and, if possible, I would have stayed elsewhere. I was afraid to try the continental breakfast so I can’t comment on it. I will say that the little contact I had with the front desk staff was very good.

• Liked — Better than camping
  • Disliked — Not to.o sure this place is clean enough
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank dreis47
DC
Reviewed June 22, 2008

St Marys is a beautiful area, but accomodations can be less than the business traveler is used to. The Best Western Executive Inn does a good job of meeting those standards. Clean, comfortable rooms, new beds, modern, attractive bathrooms, and a quiet in-room HVAC help set this above most places St Marys has to offer. The free breakfast is your normal fare - a selection of breads and pastries, hard-boiled eggs, cereals, and make-your-own waffles, as well as juice and coffee. There's only one conference room that I saw. The exercise room is decent and the outdoor pool is well-maintained. The only minor "ding" I'd give the property is the wireless access. At best, I was able to get a "low" for reception and often had "very low." It was enough to work with, but they might want to invest in boosting their signal.

I'm happy to recommend this hotel!

• Liked — Clean, nicely appointed rooms
  • Disliked — Internet access
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank DAU_Prof
PA
Reviewed June 15, 2008

I am usually pretty picky when staying at a hotel, particularly since we have kids. All I ask for is that it be clean. Things didn't start off so well at this Best Western as the toilet seat was,...well,...let's just say it needed cleaned. Our "view" was the lot of a car dealership. The hotel is right off Rte 255 in the outskirts of St. Mary's, PA. (Just watch the "triangle" downtown -- PA's screwed up version of NJ's traffic circles.) Anywho - except for the toilet seat, the hotel was pretty clean. The bathroom was nice and spacious. The beds, however, are on the firm side and are low to the floor. Personally, I tossed and turned all night trying to get comfortable. If you're sharing a bed, I recommend getting at least the queen-size. Couple things that were very good -- (1) the breakfast -- more than adequate. Homemade waffles, oatmeal, hard-boiled eggs, pastries, coffee, juice, fresh apples & oranges, and cereals; and (2) the pool -- though it's outside, it was heated and stayed open until 10PM ( the night clerk said she might not even close it until 11 PM). Check in/out was easy, staff were friendly enough -- no problems there. The outside grounds could use a little more attention (sweeping up loose debris, more plants, etc.). Things to check out while you are there: (1) Becker's Chapel -- smallest chapel in US and on the National Register of Historic Places. It's literally a stone's throw from the hotel's front doors. Plus you can go in it. (2) Straub Brewery -- They offer tours during the week from 9AM-12PM, plus they have an "Eternal Tap" where you can walk in until 1PM and grab two free beers. Their gift shop is very reasonable in terms of prices as well if you want to bring home a souvenir. (3) The elk -- The book in the hotel room said that there are 2 places that are good to go see the wild elk; one being St. Mary's Airport which is about 3 miles outside of town. But you need to go early in the AM or in the afternoon (we went about 11 AM and didn't see any).

• Liked — Breakfast, pool, best value w/ best TripAdvisor reviews but still a little pricey for $83/night (total w/ taxes)
  • Disliked — Dirty toilet seat
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank The_Olde_Boy
Southampton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 4, 2007

Stayed here one night while I was biking through the area.

The hotel is just fine, you can't go wrong. Clean room, everything worked fine, comfortable. Nice fresh baked cookies upon arrival. Breakfast buffet was light, but OK - the usual bagels, danish, cereal, and make-your-own waffles.

The front desk clerks were friendly. Location is good, easy to find, good parking, restaurants are close by.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
Homewood Suites by Hilton DuBois
Clarion Hotel
Clarion Hotel
#7 of 10 in DuBois

Been to Best Western Plus Executive Inn? Share your experiences!