“OK”

Hoss's Steak & Sea House
Ranked #14 of 29 Restaurants in Saint Marys
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: Hoss’s Steak and Sea House is a family restaurant featuring fresh-cut steaks, seafood, and tender chicken entrees…all cooked to order! Enjoy our fresh and wholesome Soup & Salad Bar with homemade soups, just-baked breads, fresh fruits, delicious desserts, and soft-serve ice cream. We feature a fun menu for kids and offer family-style banquets in our comfortable banquet rooms.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“OK”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Good salad bar but the entrees were just ok. I ordered a medium rare steak that was medium well at best. Service with ok.

Visited July 2014

Oakville, Canada
“Good Soup & Salad Bar”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stopped here for lunch as we were travelling from Canada to Elkridge, Maryland. My friend had been to one of these locations before and found it to be value for money. Although it is not on the main street of town our GPS was helpfully in finding this eating. One thing that impressed me about this place was before being seated, one places their food order ahead of time. This gives one time to enjoy the good soup & salad bar while your main order is being cooked. I had the meatloaf & potatoes plus my friend had the fish. Didn't wait that long for the food order to arrive plus it was cooked well. Wait staff was effective plus friendly. What also impressed me about the wait staff on how they dealt with two tables of seniors & special needs people. Dealt with them in a very professional way & patience was very evident by the wait staff in dealing with these two tables located behind us. Would eat was with this chain eatery again based on my positive experience here. Now I know why my friend recommended this place!

• Visited July 2014
“Pretty average...”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

The "LOADED BAKED POTATO" soup was definately NOT The "Loaded baked potatoe" soup was definatly NOT loaded, in fact Campbell's soup has more flavor.
I ordered filet and steak fries. Meat was Ok and arrived as ordered. The fries were a bit over cooked.

I am in from out-of-town and was looking for a good Steak place to satisfy my meat craving... this did not. :(

• Visited July 2014
Bradford, Pennsylvania
“Hoss's First Visit”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

First visit to Hoss's in St Marys, Pa Friday Dec 13th for lunch was excellent! Had never been to this restaurant before. We were not prepared to order as soon as we walked in the door, but that's what we did. Opted for the salad bar without even looking to see what was on it. We were then offered a burger or chicken sandwich for $.99. My buddy ordered the cheeseburger and I went for the chicken sandwich. Got our table and drinks then set out for the salad bar.

The soup salad and desert bar looked so good that were sorry we had ordered the $.99 sandwich. Halfway thru our first run to the buffet, our sandwiches showed up. My chicken sandwich was awesome and my buddy loved his cheese burger. Much better than we expected for $.99.

Anyway the only problem we had was that we both over ate! Sure was good though! I would highly recommend this to anyone that has never been. i can't wait to go back !!! Maybe for dinner next time.

• Visited December 2013
Saint Marys
“Excellent value”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Hoss's Steak and Seafood in Saint Marys has an excellent choice of salad and soups for the price. Although located off a busy highway, it has always been busy whenever my wife and I go there for lunch or dinner. The staff is right there to serve you. The food is excellent and the price is right.

• Visited October 2013
Missy H, Social Media Director at Hoss's Steak & Sea House, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you for writing a review for our St Marys location. We are pleased that our staff has always provided you with great service and high quality meals. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you and your family again soon.